first midwife appointment - very late positive...help?

emmalouise_xx

Reaction score
Hi Girlies :D

We recently found out that we are indeed expecting our 5th baby, massively huge shock as we did plan on not having anymore babies as we already have 2 boys and 2 girls. But these things happen. I had been getting the contraceptive injection since August, so must of gotten caught the month before the first injection. So turns out that I'm betwwen 20 to 23 weeks pregnant we're not too sure.

I phoned doctors on Saturday, spoke to the receptionist and she said to pop in on monday and ask to speak to the admin staff and they will do my referral to see the midwife at my local hospital. I was just wondering how long this takes? As we're desperatly needing/wanting to know if everything is okay and need to find out course of action as in my previous 3 pregnancies i have suffered terribly.
2nd pregnancy i had pregnancy induced hypertentsion, was induced on due date.
3rd pregnancy i had early onset pre-eclampsia was induced a week early due to this as they didn't want to risk this progressing.
4th pregnany i started to get symptoms of pre-eclampsia at around the 26/28 week mark. i had to go for fortnightly scans (this was also due to early onset pre-eclampsia in previous pregnancy) i was in and out and fau every other day due to how bad the pre-e was. then at my 36 week scan and consultant appointment DD had stopped growing and my blood pressure was far too high and they wouldnt let me go home and induced the following day.

was just wondering is there anyway that they can rush this through? i'll be phoning doctors on monday next week to see if they can give me an update with how long it may take.

Emma xoxo

Have you spoken to reception today at all? If you explain the situation I am sure they will do what they can to accommodate you as soon as they can. I work in a GP surgery and the reception staff might put you down for a phone call from a doctor and they should make the referral.

Where I live I know the expectant mothers come in for a blue folder and they fill stuff in (I have never seen one so not sure whats inside them) and its from there an appointment is arranged but I dont know if the process differs when its not in the first trimester

When I first phoned my doctors they just gave me a number to call to book my own midwife appointment? It may be different as you are further a long? I would definitely call and explain your history xx Good luck

I popped in Monday afternoon and all she said was she'll get the referral sent off and we'll hear something by the end of the week but I'm still going to phone Monday if I haven't heard anything yet.

We haven't told family yet as we wanna see that everything is okay with the scan etc so I can't ask my partners sister as she had twins last year and she'll know how long it took to be contacted.

When the admin staff took my details yesterday I told her about what happened in my previous pregnancies and she took the notes down and said she'll include them in the referral.

I'm in the west Midlands I know each area does things differently. My first appointment will be at sandwell hospital in the antenatal department and then after that I'll have the rest of my appointments at my docs and scans/consultant appointments at Walsall manor hospital that's all she told me yesterday

Emma xoxo

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I think the Manor is pretty quick for referrals. My cousin and I were pregnant at the same time, she at the Manor and me at No Hope. She was due after me but got her appointments sent out before me. Definitely give them a call on Monday just in case

Wow how exciting!!! Congratulations Would you consider paying for a private reassurance scan? I paid £60 for mine which I thought was really good! Xxx

private scans i dont think they will tell me if anything is wrong with baby etc i'm defo going to phone and see if they have gotten my referral. i'm hoping i get the letter the end of the week. just wanna know if the depo has or hasn't affected the baby.

ahh okay kumber thanks for the reply and letting me know :)

x

Wow what a surprise! Hopefully with your history they will see you as soon as possible. Good luck! X

I would ring your local triage if you haven't heard back yet. Sometimes the admin takes longer than expected. At my last mw appt I heard her on the phone to someone trying to get a lady seen who was 20 weeks pregnant and hadnt had any care yet. She got a scan for the next day.
Huge congratulations!! Must be so exciting!xxx

i'm going to look on google in a min to try and get the number for where my first appointment will be and see what they say and if they can let me know if they recieved my referral and when my appointment will be, thanks for all your replies :) x

Didn't need to phone in them in end while I was at the dentist I got a letter from the hospital with scan date and to see the consultant :) gonna give them a quick ring later to let them know that I haven't been given any notes or anything x

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back