First Christmas

Hope81

Reaction score
Lots of the girls that are here already will have their babies until Christmas!
What are your plans about that?

I greatly hope that family and visitors will let us spent the Christmas alone!!!
The bean will be about 3 months until then so probably we will not do much but she will get spoiled with cuddles!
Looking forward to go to the chrismas market, drink hot wine and eggnog, eat tons of sweeties and make the Christmas tree!! Oh and I hope for a white Christmas this year as the last one was like 15 degrees as sunny :doh:

I am so excited about first Xmas with bub!
Friends and relatives have invited us to there's already as everyone loves Xmas with a baby!
Hubby will be working as usual so not sure what to do yet!
Just think of the cute Xmas outfits we can dress our bubs up in for cringe 18th birthday photos! X

We are excited for minion's first Christmas too although they will only be 2 months old-ish

Hubby works shifts that never change not even for Christmas Day (he works in a cheese factory and the cows refuse to tie their udders for one day I mean how inconsiderate lol)

I had thought I would say to everyone to come to ours for Christmas dinner easier when minion is young but then thought it might be nice to be just us three then re thought it and thought maybe thats selfish after all its the first grandchild on both sides......dilemmas dilemmas. Not be long till Christmas so need to decide soon and start the Xmas shopping though will not be spoiling minion as they wont be very aware etc next year though will be different and hubby and I will prob be tearing our hair out trying to keep up with the little bugger lol xx

My LO will be 4 months at Christmas, and the 3 of us will probably just have Christmas alone together as a family.
We MIGHT visit DH's mum and nan on Christmas day if he wants but only for 30-45mins or so. We see my family on Christmas eve.

Absolutely no one is invited to mine for Christmas! Lol x

I have a busy Christmas!

LO will only be 2 months old ...

We will have xmas eve / morning as a family (xmas eve is almost as big as xmas itself in my family! Lol) and xmas dinner with inlaws.

Boxing day I need to fly to ireland to see my family and introduce LO to all of that side of the family ... will stay for a few days then come home

I will be stressed and exhausted, but I bloody love xmas

We wont really be doing presents for LO, as they will prob be spoiled by everyone else anyway

Hubby and I alternate Christmas's with our respective families, so much to my dismay we will be with Hubby's family this year (all 30+ of them:shock:).... We will hopefully see my parents to but we will have to see how this pans out.

We have a raindeer pram suit for LO and I cannot wait to see him/her in it!!

xx

she will be about 5 months old, so old enough to enjoy all the pretty lights and decorations, young enough to not demand expensive presents!!! :p

Can't wait for Christmas when LO will be 4 months old!!! We've invited my mum and dad for Christmas lunch, so will be spending the morning on our own and then parents will come around 1-ish for lunch at 3-ish. On Boxing Day, the family usually go to mum and dads for a drink, so we'll probably go there to visit :)

My baby will be 5months. Cannot wait. Going to decorate all the house and can't wait to play Santa :) were going to have a big family dinner at our house, we had it last year but my OHs brother and sister in law were at her family's, but this year it's turn to be with my OHs mum and dad. My MIL is working tho,.. But if ashame but I'm not loosing any sleep over it. So there will be 11 of us for dinner!! Yikes! Just counted that! I'm going to pull out all the stops :) iv never been a fan of Christmas. But since I met my OH I'm warming too it, and now I have my own family I can't wait. I know everyone will want to see the baby aswell... So it will be an open house and whoever wants to come can :) xxx

LO will be about 4months, OHs family do big Christmas get togethers so we will be at theirs! Can't wait to spend Xmas with our LO though :) xx

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Tri-hopping here (I love Crimbo talk!!)

If bub is on time he/she will be just 8 weeks!

Luckily we live close to both sets of parents so can go and see them both on Crimbo day.

We'll have actual dinner at my Mum and Dad's but see the in-laws in the morning and most likely again in the evening.

I hope to be breastfeeding but I may have a Bailey's or two?? :roll:

I am going to ask everyone not to go mad with baby stuff though as bub will be so teeny and won't know what is going on! My SIL is due 1st December so there'll be an even younger bub at my Mum's this year!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Tri-hopping here (I love Crimbo talk!!)

If bub is on time he/she will be just 8 weeks!

Luckily we live close to both sets of parents so can go and see them both on Crimbo day.

We'll have actual dinner at my Mum and Dad's but see the in-laws in the morning and most likely again in the evening.

I hope to be breastfeeding but I may have a Bailey's or two?? :roll:

I am going to ask everyone not to go mad with baby stuff though as bub will be so teeny and won't know what is going on! My SIL is due 1st December so there'll be an even younger bub at my Mum's this year!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Weve said people shouldn't go mad on presents for baby. We will be using Xmas as an excuse to buy essential bits like the next size clothing! because baby will be to young to understand anyways

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Had to have a tri hop, I can't resist a Christmas thread!
LO will be about 8 weeks at Christmas and live close to both of our parents so will be spending Christmas eve afternoon to boxing day morning at my parents then off to OH's mum on boxing day for a night then home to relax on our own until new year. We didn't want to be moving around too much with the baby so doing chunks of time, how lazy are we!
So so excited about Christmas, I'm a big kid about it anyway but with a baby too I just feel like I'll explode!
xx

When I was pg with my ds we made a rule we would spend Xmas at home so lo could play with all the presents they wanted but family were welcome to come over and see us just we weren't driving around seeing everyone! I was debating inviting everyone over for Xmas dinner but I'm going to wait till baby is here before I do that to see how it is! Saying that oh's dad isn't here for Xmas so that will be both grandchildrens first Xmas he's missed!!!

I want to go to Germany for Christmas as that's where my husband is from but he said we need to be realistic and wait till we get the baby a passport so it's al up in the air right now.

Pickle will be 5 months old and we usually alternate between famlies. However being his first Christmas we'll probably spend the morning at my Mum's and the afternoon with DH's parents - Christmas dinner twice!! RESULT!

I'll also get him a little santa suit to wear for the day :)
xx

Well, we're meant to be at MILs, but the way she's being atm we probably won't be... This upsets me as I was looking forward to LO spending her first christmas with her aunties and uncles and her cousin.. We will go to my familys on the boxing day, as we do alternate days each year. So, if MIL shapes her self, we will have 2 christmas days!! I can't wait to play father christmas and decorate the house etc etc. I want to go all out, but knowing my luck I won't be able to afford to :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back