First baby names thread from me (probably of many!!)

Rheych

Reaction score
So I have fought with great will power not to start one of these from about 8weeks but IO can't resist any more!

Just wondered what you girls though of the names I like (OH has some other ideas but we'll pretend he likes all of mine for now :lol: )

Girls:

1. Jamie Leigh (Lee is Daddy's name and I think it sounds dead cute with Jamie, not sure whether I would call her both though?)

2. Megan (massive fav of mine, he doesn't like it that much as it sounds too 'American')

3. Georgia (we both like this but is it 'common'..as in.....would feature on Jezza Kyle?!!)

4. Francesca (but would call her Frankie) again he's not keen :roll:

Boys:

1. Gene

2. James

3. George

4. Alfie (i think this has become popular though?)

I could list loads more boys' names than girls actually but what do you gals think of these?! :)

i love jamie leigh and alfie is a lovely boys name but is becoming a really popular name for boys i work in a primary school and know of at least 4 in ks1 and at least 2 or 3 more that will be starting in reception class at christmas......but seriously it is a gorgeous name xx

I think the girls way of spelling Jamie is - Jaime - just wanted to say as a guy at my work has a girl but spelt it the boy way and everyone always thinks he has a boy!!
I love the name Georgia - and i dont think its at all Jezza Kyle!! but that comment made me laugh.
I love George and Alfie - i love all the names actually - good choices!! xx

I like Megan, Francesca and George x

I love Harry but it doesn't go with OH's surname but kind of goes with other names on your list.

Alfie is really popular right now.

I thought Jaime was the Dutch way of spelling it, it looks nice that way though, i wonder of people would mis-pronounce it though as it's not phonetic?

I thought Jaime was the Dutch way of spelling it, it looks nice that way though, i wonder of people would mis-pronounce it though as it's not phonetic?

I honestly wouldn't think boy immediatly if I saw Jamie. What about jaimie or jayme?

I quite like boys names for girls though is that mean on a girl haha?

I would call Georgia 'George' and as i said Francesca would be 'Frankie' which are both boys names aren't they? :lol:

If Seb (baby I'm expecting) had been a girl we would of called her Rory Alivia x

i like Darcy for a boy and girl too

Rory is cute too :)

Lovely names !

Jaime was our second fav name when we had my daughter 8 years ago! and was on the list this time round too!

We called ber Briony Leigh Jones in the end so we love Leigh!! (big Tommy Lee Jones fan!)

I like Gene as very different, but not sure how that would sound with kids at school, eg Jean for girls.

Alfie is lovely but farr too popular, I think George is popular too, but not as bad and very nice name.

I know two Francescas, and one is known as Fran, and the other as Cheska (sounded out)

Does OH like Meg instead of Megan?

Last edited:
No he says 'Meg Egg' every time I mention it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111