First appointment at infertility clinic?

Kiki0210

Reaction score
Hi ltttc ladies, haven't posted in here before but got my 1st appointment thru for infertility clinic today, it's in June and just wondered what to expect? Thought u girls might know best!!

Thanks xxx

First appointments are fairly routine, they will ask about your periods, check your weight, see what tests you have already had done (if any), partners sperm sample etc ... it really comes down to what tests you have had done and what tests you will still need to have, or if they already know what the problem is they should get you started on a treatment plan xx

Thanks Vicky. Have had blood tests and pelvic ultrasound. Blood tests showed up under active thyroid which I now have meds for and low progesterone, ultrasound nomal and oh sperm sample normal!!! X

They may try you on clomid first to help get you ovulating and raise your progesterone levels. I was given a clomid prescription on my first appointment so fingers crossed you can get started straight away as well x

Fingers crossed!!! At least I'd feel I was doing something!! Love that ur pretty much always guaranteed an answer on here!! X

Hey, Vicky pretty much said it all in a nutshell just wanted to say Good Luck. Also the thought of the first appointment and hearing any treatment news can be daunting but all you need ti keep at the back of your mind is it all helps tiwards that BFP!!!

Make sure u go in prepared. It can take months between investigations and appointment so make sure u use your time efficiently and have all your questions answered. Good luck. My guess is u will get referred for an hsg and also get clomid which helps low progesterone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back