First antenatal class report!

debecca

Reaction score
Well! :shock:

There were 12 couples there and it was well packed. Today's session covered labour and how to bring it on. I thought of Kimbo. I was the star pupil too as PF has taught me so much - I was able to name all the things that could possibly bring labour on although I think when I shouted out SEX and the whole room laughed that was not a good moment :oops:

We had a quiz on home safety for which all the answers were obvious. Then a tour of one of the maternity wards which was nasty and grey and clinical and smelly and I'm really glad I chose to give birth at the midwife-led unit. Yay! :cheer:

However, the whole thing was a bit of a waste of time. I have learnt more from Pregnancy Forum from all you girls who are ahead of me. I suggested not going back but my husband was having none of it :x GRR!

So only 6 more hours of useless antenatal! :cheer:

How have everyone else's been?

Sorry it was useless :(
My antenatal classes start on 4th March. I have one on labour, the next is a tour of the labour ward, the next one is postnatal issues and the last is with the physiotherapist. I'm a bit concerned that there is only one on labour and yet there seems to be a 2 hour tour of the labour ward the next week :think:

I've had two so far and although I didn't learn anything I didn't know already about the different pain relief and the stages of labour it was good to refresh my memory and it was good to hear what normally happens at the midwife unit where I'm planning to give birth.
I quite enjoyed them, I think it helped put my mind at ease knowing I know it all already thanks to this forum :lol:

I chose to go to NCT antenatal classes and although I've also found that I know a lot already thanks to PF, I have met some really nice people. Stick at it- it might offer up something along the way and it also gives your OH chance to get more involved as you get closer to your due date.

I left it too late to go to any antinatal classes.. and I'm a little concerned about it :shock:
I managed to get in for an hour Hospital tour.. so I at least know where to turn up when in Labour....

NCT courses are pretty thin on the ground where I am, and the ones that are going on, are already fully booked.

I didn't realise that I had to book such things, when I was about 3 months pregnant... the ones at the hospital are booked up till JULY!!

Ho hum.

Do you learn the breathing and panting that you always see on films??

x

we only had one class which was for 3 hours on saturday afternoon in early jan, told me nothing really but I think it helped to prepare Sean for the big day. We didn't get a tour but I'm going round the labour ward with my physio and sean in 2 weeks :cheer: :cheer:

I've not got my parenting classes until 6th march i'll be 33 weeks by then.
Dont really know what to expect to be honest. It should be quite good, well i'm hoping so anyway!!!

I need to sort mine out at my midwife apppointment on tuesday - I don't think u start at mine till after 30 weeks or something. And its only 4 sessions

They were all fully booked when i rang up so im not having any :( doesnt sound like ive missed out on much tho!!

I think this forum is better than any antenatal class. I go to NCT classes, which I enjoy because of the friends I have made...but I have not learned one thing that I did not already know from this forum.
The forum rocks!

I loved my ante natal classes, didnt learn that much but made 2 lovely friends who 15 months later have become really close as our babies go through their different stages together.

Stick with it Bex it will be the highlight of the week when your not at work.

Im quite looking forward to mine manily for OH as he is a bit clueless. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back