• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

finger foods

Nic'n'Keeley

Reaction score
when i got keeley weighed on monday the hv said i can start giving keeley finger food but of what.....?

also she said i can give her toast soilders.... but is this with butter or without and is it normal bread or special bread ?????

someone help please :pray: :pray: :pray:

Hiya

When Willow was a baby i just gave her whatever we were havin carrots toast with margerine, peas, chips and she loved stuffing and pasta as long as it wasn't soup or anything she lashed it in her. Bread sticks are good too and also for teething so two for the price of one.

Heather

Hiya
You can put a bit of butter on toast.
Dairy lea sandwiches, cut up small.
Banana (messy and don't give it if she's wearing white!)
Brocolli
Carrot sticks
Cheese cut into strips
Avocado
Rice cakes

Ive just given Alastair small toast with a small bit of butter on, he loved it.

Cant ya buy baby jam :think: :think: :think:

i'm worried about Louie choking on these sorts of foods :(
he started solids late thoguh, so when should i try him with finger foods?

hmmmm i thought id try Alfie on soldiers and when they were made i thought nah surely they are just too hard? so i decided to dunk them in spaghetti .... no no no no no no no never again my once clean cream walls are nicely splattered with orange! he really didnt grasp the idea of it ... even though he has no problem chomping on a rusk, tbh i think best try it when hes more hungry as he realy just played with it and got ever so angry and frustrated when the toast mushed between his fingers and he couldnt fling it about anymore!

i tried keeley today with toast soliders and a carrot stick she put them in her mouth but about 2 sec's later they would come back out and drop in to her lap but at least she has the right idea i guess :lol:

lily loves chicken.

I buy chicken breasts fresh, I cook one when I need it and put the rest in it's own freezer bag and freeze them seperatly.

I use about 1/3 of a breast a each meal (the rest can be used a snacks), it's easy to pull apart into smaller stripes and easy for lily to chew, even when she had teeth.

she absolutly loves it.

xSuzx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back