Finger food?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by Flame, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

Now my son is 6 months old i am aware he should be starting on finger foods so i gave him a small bit of my toast crust and he munched on that and seemed happy but doesnt hold it properly. Anyway the main question is what should i be giving him to start with?

Also he wont take baby food with teeny tiny lumps in, he pulls a funny face and gags and spits it out.

2. Minxy

Minxy Well-Known Member

Fruit and veg are always a good ones.

Banana, melon, steamed carrot sticks.

When he's ready try breadsticks or rice cakes (yum with mashed avocado on) :D

3. lella

lella Well-Known Member

Ive only just started weaning Evan, he is 6 months. he has been eating pureed food for about 3 weeks now. Today i gave him a banana to much on. I held it, he was muching away and then he bit a big bit off, i took it out his mouth as i was worried he would choke. Im not sure what to do really, should i give him lumpier food to get him used to it, he eats puree food well.

This weaning stuff is quite scarey cuz you are left to your own devices without any info at all.

4. Hellokitty

Hellokitty Well-Known Member

Maia has had some rusks, and also Organix Carrot sticks which she loves and finds easy to hold!