Finger food advice please

Violet

Reaction score
Ok Drake's food routine is:-

Morning - bottle 210 ml/7.5 oz

Lunch - about 100 g of a bought jar or 75 g of homemade meat n veg blended followed by a fruit pot with some very diluted squash to drink.

4.30 pm ish - another 210/7.5 oz bottle with a petite filous or a banana.

7.30 pm ish - a piece of toast with phili spread and bits of my dinner with more squash.

9.30 pm - bottle 210/7.5 oz

He's 9 months old and so far loves pretty much everything put in front of him. I think he's getting bored of toast tho and am wondering what I can offer him instead. I'm not a cook and we don't have fresh meat n veg for our dinner. My mom steams his home cooked meals. Sometimes we just give him the food as finger food rather than blend it down and will happily munch on that. If Mom makes a pasta bake when we visit, he gets his own serving.

I'm just a bit lost as to what I can offer him at dinner time other than toast that's really simple or can be frozen and defrosted at a later stage and reheated.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Crumpets, savoury muffins, sandwiches, French toast, scrambled egg/omelette cut into strips, cheese, veggie fritters?

Most of these can either be frozen or take a few minutes to make if you've not got much time. I'm aware they're all quite bready though, have you thought about just a finger food salad like carrot sticks, pear quarters and tomato quarters? Xx

Quiche is a good one - messy though!
Pizza toast
Pie - B loves the crust!
Sweet potato fries
Chicken goujons.

What are veggie fritters and pizza toast please?

Veggie fritters are grated vegetables, with some flour and an egg to bind them, and I usually just fry them (supposed to shallow fry but I hate grease). Google vegetable fritters recipe.

Pizza toast is bread toasted on one side, tomato purée spread on the other side, some cheese and some herbs if you like, then grilled til the cheese has melted/is bubbly. Xx

I made W something really simple last night and he loved it. I rolled out a bit off puff pastry, spread it with tomato purée, sprinkle with grated cheese and chopped him. In the oven for 20 mins then once cooked i cut it into finger slices. He enjoyed it.
Other finger foods I use is fruit.
The organix puffs. Tomato wheels, carrot puffs and sweet corn rings.
Fish finger.
Potato croquetts. I just keep a bag in the freezer and can pop on in the oven anytime.
French toast.
Omelette.
Biscotti buiscuits.
Roast veg. Really easy to do I'm no cook but can mange these.
I buy the pasta twists and pop them in a pan too cook then drain and put a little philidelphia cheese over and serve.
Baby bell cheeses.
Dairlylea drunkers the jumbo tubes - I have to dunk the cheese then I give it to him to hold and suck.
Tangerines.
Banana.
Crumpet.
Scone.
Croissant.

Lolly I went into my local Greggs yesterday and I believe what you made is on sale there as a Yorkshire pizza! I was thinking of doing these xx

Oh really!!! It went down a hit here. I guess you could try lots of toppings.xx

Really really cheap too and would make a good snack for adults too xx

Yeah I saw them with a few different bits on lol. Did you just use the ready made puff pastry stuff? Xx

I bet he'd like pizza toast or the puff pastry one. We had asda pizza last week, but I hate tomato purée so mine doesn't have it on, but he was loving the bits I gave him.

Yeah he has the puff things and biscotti, but more as an occasional snack.

He has had bits of potato crocquet when I have them. Hadn't thought about doing 1 or 2 just for him lol.

I'm so daft - I bought some fish fingers for him a few months ago and forgot all about them - DOH!

Last night I actually did him some pasta shells with a cheese sauce which he enjoyed.

Thanks for all your suggestions girls, it's given me some good ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back