Finger food!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Can you give babies finger food before 6 months?
I gave charley half a rusk the other day and abit of toast just now and he loved it but I don't wanna make it a habit if it will hurt him!
He's not 5 months yet but from 5 months do you think that'll be ok?
He's upset now I've taken his toast away! Lol

I don't think it's recommended hun because of choking? Emily is nearly 8 months and still can't have toast as she just chokes on it. I guess it's personal preference on wether you give it to him. X

That's what I'm worried about. I never seemed to worry with Lacey when she was a baby but I get anxious about everything when it comes to charley!
Well he's having a hissy fit now so I'll leave it longer to avoid this! Lol

Not too sure Hun. Just keep an eye on him and make sure he's sat right up to avoid choking. I tried Drake on half a rusk the other day (he's coming up to 5 1/2 months) and he chomped a little bit off, gagged and made himself sick! I can't wait to try him with proper food...he grabbed a sausage roll out of my hand earlier! Haha!

He's fascinated with food right now but likes touching it more than anything so I think he's almost ready! Let the mess commence! Lol

marley loves rusk!!! its good because it melts as he sucks!!! havent done toast tho!

I'm pretty sure you can't give bread before 6 months because it contains gluten, not sure what the rusk box says x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back