Finding clothes unbearable!

KateK

Reaction score
Hi all, for quite a few weeks now I've been struggling with sensitive skin but this last week or so I've literally wanted to tear my skin off. I am itchy everywhere, the skin on my stomach stings if I put anything on it (clothing, moisturiser) and the skin on my back where my bra strap has to go is so sore it almost feels as though I've got really bad sunburn. It's driving me insane and nothing is comfortable :wall2: Anyone else the same? I'm completely miserable!

Hi Katie my skin irritability comes more at night and worse on anything tummy down :( nothing feels comfortable it's a nightmare I have found maxi dresses really helpful even with a cardigan if I get cold xx

I'd go have a blood test at doctors can be caused by your liver function and should be checked by a blood test I was checked for it and although it was negative and the itching soon stopped I was told to go back at any time because it can develop at any time

Thanks, glad to know it's not just me.. Not sure I could brave a maxi dress in this cold Honeybear haha! I lived in them during my first pregnancy.. Thanks Bethany, I was tested for OC a little while back, did mention it today but as no itchy palms/soles they're confident it's just hormonal. Just going to have to be uncomfortable for another few weeks! x

Am I glad to have found this post!

Yes, clothes and anything that touches the bottom of my bump (pretty must below belly button) is unbearable and all I want to do is scratch. I have a midwife appointment on Thursday and am going to ask for advice, I've tried different moisturisers, ice, scratching nothing eases it. I've also got some unsightly red marks. I have been reading up on pregnancy PUPP but I'm not sure if this is it or not and I don't want to ask Dr google too much as it can just get silly, but good to know I'm not alone.

Am I glad to have found this post!

Yes, clothes and anything that touches the bottom of my bump (pretty must below belly button) is unbearable and all I want to do is scratch. I have a midwife appointment on Thursday and am going to ask for advice, I've tried different moisturisers, ice, scratching nothing eases it. I've also got some unsightly red marks. I have been reading up on pregnancy PUPP but I'm not sure if this is it or not and I don't want to ask Dr google too much as it can just get silly, but good to know I'm not alone.

Arghh it's completely horrible and you have my full sympathy, knickers are the absolute worst!! I've also found my old stretch marks from my first pregnancy have gotten itchy and sore :( My midwife was rather unsympathetic to be honest and just told me to moisturise (helpful when i'd literally just told her that moisturiser makes it sting like mad!) I am only comfortable in the bath and keep falling asleep in there :shock: Hope you get some relief in some form - how far along are you?

Hi ladies,

I've been reading posts on PF for a while but this one made me decide to post. Have you tried coconut oil on the itchy / sore areas? I use coconut oil for all sorts, I think it's amazing stuff and as it's natural there aren't any chemicals in it and as such it shouldn't create a burning sensation... worth a try!

I also use bio-oil on my bump but I think that does have some kind of perfume in it so may not be great for sore skin x

Wow sorry that's happening Kate! That sounds miserable. :( My bump itches a little from the stretching, but nowhere near what you're describing. I use stretch mark lotion to help with the stretch marks. I know I read where your skin can get sensitive during pregnancy and you can develop an allergy even to your favorite soap you've been using for years. I noticed that with me in early first trimester, I used to use the different flavors of my favorite soap then suddenly I started getting itchy and irritated skin. So I had to just stick to the same brand and flavor and that stopped it. Haven't had that problem since. Maybe you've suddenly developed an allergy to something you could always use with no problem before, due to hormones? I hope you can find a way to get some relief.

Hi ladies,

I've been reading posts on PF for a while but this one made me decide to post. Have you tried coconut oil on the itchy / sore areas? I use coconut oil for all sorts, I think it's amazing stuff and as it's natural there aren't any chemicals in it and as such it shouldn't create a burning sensation... worth a try!

I also use bio-oil on my bump but I think that does have some kind of perfume in it so may not be great for sore skin x

Thank you so much - I cook with coconut oil but hadn't thought to try it on my skin! I have heard of it working wonders for all sorts of things so may have to give it a go - thank you for suggesting :) I have Bio Oil and a Sanctuary stretch mark oil but yep, those both burn!

Very good point with the allergies Papermoon perhaps something isn't agreeing with me.. I am bad for buying a different shower gel/fabric softener/detergent every time so maybe a bit of consistency may help! I always use non-bio detergent but get whatever brand is on offer.. The cold weather and central heating being on all the time can't be helping, though I know you don't have that issue where you live!!

Thanks Kate! :) I hope you can solve the problem soon!

Have you tried using Original Source shower stuff? I have sensitive skin and I'm always itchy, the only thing I don't react to is Original Source. It's also one ofthe only vegan products out there, so it's not tested on animals and it doesn't have harsh chemicals in it - hence no reaction with sensitive skin. Also consider what shampoo and conditioner you're using, as they can also affect your from washing your hair in the bath/shower

I've got the liver function problems and the itching is unbearable, also got a rash on my arm from it. I've been put on meds which don't seem to have calmed the itching and my skin is going dry, already been given more meds to take which are stronger so will see how they go. I got diagnosed about two weeks ago (around 32 weeks gone).
My feet, legs, hands, chest neck and tummy suffers the most itching. The rash gets itchy to. My skins gone all pixelled and yellowy.
Apparently it clears up once baby is here on its own. (Might be induced early cos of it, but looks like I'll be having a c section for something else anyway)
Just thought I'd share symptoms to help hun if it gets worse or a rash appears defo tell midwife.
Oh! And if you find anything that soothes the itching, let me know lol. Everything irritates my skin at the min! (Mostly all at night)
Xxx

Stiill got the itchy belly and itchy legs :( like tummy looks sort of mottled at times
Night time is defo worse for sweating etc
I try using organic aloe Vera lotion or gel it does help with the itch on my legs
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back