Finally feeling optimistic

Dotty_woman

Reaction score
Bit of a pointless post but I'm 14 weeks today and having broke the news to my boss/team at work, close friends & family and now gone the whole hog and put it on Facebook for all to see, I'm starting to feel that this is really happening. I've dug the old cot frame out and dusted off the pram that's been in the loft for about 12 years and after washing all the fabric, it's not looking too shabby so providing it goes in my dotty car boot, I'm probably going to be reusing that this time. Eek. I really am going to be a mum! xxx

It's great when that realisation finally hits! :D

I was bursting at the seams to tell the world lol - was difficult holding off :D

Oh great dotty, thats lovely, and good you've saved your larger items from your boys. Im not quite with you yet on feeling like its really happening yet, hopefully soon, think my odd family reactions took the edge off it, nonone would really nottice yet if im wearing a jumper etc, i dont want to do facebook yet, i will do when i feel ready, my mind needs to catch up!!

Well done for telling work, bet that was lovely and enjoy your nesting!!

Last edited:
(Secretly hoping I haven't dived in too soon though, buddy!) xxx

So glad youre feeling relaxed, thays akways nice to hear :)
I feel more relaxed when everyone else is chilled out too

I still keep forgetting im pregnant! At the moment im being the bread-winner house wife/nurse since OH broke his ankle! Hopefully it will make the time pass :)
I think ill feel it properly when I know the sex, I just know it will start to feel real then, especially if we choose a name fairly quickly!

You've got plenty on your plate then Pippa. Hope your OH will return the favour when he's recouperated. Guess you'll be busy coming up with names then! Bet you're itching for that scan now. xxx

Dotty, of course you havn't jumped in too soon, it's an exciting time, youve waited for this, you enjoy every minute XX

Yes your right Pippa, another scan is just what we all need, just to double check a baby is actually in there!

I have my girls first name sorted, I just need to narrow down the boys name, I have one well in the lead at mo, just testing it out , not sure if its the one yet..

I love your boys name, unless its changed, but I think your going to need a girls name..

Dotty , what do you think your having?

Last edited:
Dotty, of course you havn't jumped in too soon, it's an exciting time, youve waited for this, you enjoy every minute XX

Yes your right Pippa, another scan is just what we all need, just to double check a baby is actually in there!

I have my girls first name sorted, I just need to narrow down the boys name, I have one well in the lead at mo, just testing it out , not sure if its the one yet..

I love your boys name, unless its changed, but I think your going to need a girls name..

Dotty , what do you think your having?

Oooh, what name?????

Our boys name isnt certain yet, although I still love it (Bronson) and my girls name is a definite (Brodie). Not discussed middle names yet.
I mentioned the names to my mother and she went spare! Lol I just told her tough titties. Im a heavily tattooed tattoo artist mum to be with purple hair and split tongue. Youd think my mum would have given up in trying to talk me out of things by now!! :lol:
Other than that she's been fab, shes already bought baby "love" and "hate" mittens!

Dotty have you got any gut feeling about what youre having? I know you said youre staying yellow but you cant help having an instinct? ;)

I think it's probably a boy. I would have liked a girl but as long as it's ok, i'm not really fussed. I did that Bicarbonate of Soda test last week and that thought I was having a boy too but that's not swaying me really. I have two boys already and the only difference symptom-wise this time round was that I had about 3 days where I felt a bit grotty. Wasn't sick but felt a bit nauseous. Other than that, no difference. I have been feeling so exhausted but that's probably because I'm 12 years older and still up at 00.15! As with last time, easy coming up with girls names, not so easy for boys names. My eldest is called Lewis and my youngest is called Morgan, both of which I hadn't heard anyone use at the time. Now there are loads of them.
I won't be picking a name that everyone else is using like Jack or Charlie or all those popular names but nothing too left-field either. Not having middle names either! xxx

Morgan was on my boys list :)
Bronson was actually a joke as we were talking about Charles Bronson at the time but then we both kinda hesitated and said "aaaaaactually. ..I like it!"
But thats irrelevant as ive now decided that im having a girl! OH disagrees of course :)

Im gonna be bursting to know what you have when birthday is here!!

Jen and dotty, have yiu got your next midwife appointments booked?

It's supposed to be on 24th June. I can't book it until 10th June as my doctors appears to be unable to handle appointment further than 2 weeks into the future! xxx

Mines may 31st. Is that too soon? Ill be just over 15week. I dont wven remember what the appointment is for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back