Fifty shades of Grey...

I agree with jules - I'm on the second book now and it's much better and more well written than the first. With the first book I put it down after the first few chapters and actually read 2 other short books in between (and I never do that!) - but I picked it up again to have another go and I did feel it got better as I progressed.

Good luck :D

Started it yesterday and already half way through. Was annoyed I had to put it down to come to work!

I've read a few thread online (various websites) and the overall verdict is that the book is crap :shock:

I'll still give it a read though - when I finish my other two books!

xxxxxxxxxx

I'm now about half way through the first book......I am a little creeped out by the authors ability to get in to the heads of so many of the female population and create a character who we all want in our lives but who is such a weirdo!!!!!!

lol sunshine! I know! it's madness..I have a vision of Mr Grey and well he is quite the thing! haha

I loved the trilogy! Did u hear they're making the movie?? Apparently Bradley coope is favourite to play Christian!

Oooh no, I don't see Bradley Cooper as Christian - I'd say the likes of Ian Somerhalder or Henry Cavill would be much better. And if so can I play Ana, haha?!?!

I've read a few thread online (various websites) and the overall verdict is that the book is crap :shock:

I'll still give it a read though - when I finish my other two books!

xxxxxxxxxx

It is crap, or at least up to now (I'm half way through) its crap.
It's very boring. The sex up to now is gratuitous and adds nothing to the story and it's poorly written, just my opinion x

Oooh no, I don't see Bradley Cooper as Christian - I'd say the likes of Ian Somerhalder or Henry Cavill would be much better. And if so can I play Ana, haha?!?!

Didn't know either of those guys do had a google- very good call on both accounts! Henry would be my pick! Loads of names floating around online for ana- scarlet johanson, Anne Hathaway, etc and maybe angelina Jolie
To play Eleana?

Didn't know either of those guys do had a google- very good call on both accounts! Henry would be my pick! Loads of names floating around online for ana- scarlet johanson, Anne Hathaway, etc and maybe angelina Jolie
To play Eleana?

Anyone but Kristen Stewart (dullest actress ever IMO) for Ava!!! But I'd say someone not too well known really...

As for Elena.. erm... Maybe Nicolette Sheridan or Kim Cattrall?

Last edited:
Henry would possibly be my pick, I personnaly think I should be at the casting! Haha

I think Ian somerhalder is the only actor who could play Christian grey he fits the part so well .

What about Channing Tatum as Mr Grey? mmmmm he can be my Mr Grey anyday :) xx

im glad there is a thread about this. every woman i know has either read or is reading this book. Im currently half way through the first one on my kindle. Im trying to pace myself with it as the women i know that have read all three are gutted its over! im loving the book, i think it works wonders for your libido too!

oh and also, its supposed to be Ryan Gosling playing Christian and Alice from Twilight playing Ana in the film x

Hmmm not a fan of Channing Tatum, and as for Ryan Gosling - I just don't think he's good looking enough. It needs to be someone that every woman can practically drool over - but also a dark all-American type boy. I do think if they don't get the casting just right, it'll disappoint a lot of people!

Im possibly going to have to disagree with everyone one this... I thought the book was complete rubbish. I got about half way through the first one and gave up, I've tried reading it twice now and still cant see the excitment. To me its just creepy and Mr Grey is a sex pest!! All the "rules" she has to live by are weird and he seems to just control her... I found it quite uncomfortable reading... I'm maybe not getting the point of it though!?
x

I agree with you about a lot of your post. He does act like a sexual predator and anyone who draws up a contract and wants to control everything from sleep to food, in my mind, is mentally not the best person to have any sort of relationship with.
What annoyed me about him more than that though was his stupid mood swings and the way he blows hot and cold. He sounds like an absolute weirdo and I'd have to tell him to get lost.
It also amazes me how sexually outgoing and open to things Ana is considering she was a virgin and by all accounts, quite prudish.
It also annoys me the way he calls her Miss Steele all the time, reminds me of a pervy school teacher x

Im possibly going to have to disagree with everyone one this... I thought the book was complete rubbish. I got about half way through the first one and gave up, I've tried reading it twice now and still cant see the excitment. To me its just creepy and Mr Grey is a sex pest!! All the "rules" she has to live by are weird and he seems to just control her... I found it quite uncomfortable reading... I'm maybe not getting the point of it though!?
x

I think if I hadn't given it time, I may agree with you, I cannot put down a readable book though (and I can't remember the last book I found that bad that I couldn't finish it) and I found Christian REALLY creepy in the first book, he does grow on you though through the book and especially through the series. I'm still not in the 'Christian Grey, swoon, swoon' category, I can't say he would be my type, but I can now see why some women would find him attractive as a character.

I've just started the second book, i just can't stop reading them lol.
Probably would have been better to read them when i didn't have a 37 week pregnant belly as they just make you horny and not everything is possible at this size lol!:lol:

Hopefully they will start off my labour :preg:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back