Few Q's about potty training...

katie05

Reaction score
Ive been getting conflicting views on when to start/how to do it so hoping some of you ladies can offer your experiences on potty training you lo's.
I wasnt thinking of starting yet but for the last few days my lil boy (27 months) has been telling me when he's weeing and showed an interest in the toilet. I put him in pants today and hes done 3 wee's and a poo on the toliet :dance: (but has taken a dislike to the potty :? ).
As soon as i put trousers over his pants he wees them though-is this usual?

Would you just now go for it and just put him in pants through the day (even when we go out)? Or would you use pull-ups?

He's great when hes nude or just in pants but will obviously look odd running round outside in just thomas the tank undies! :D

Just read this back and its a really boring post but hope someone replies anyway! :D

Aimee was exactly the same, as soon as I dressed her she would wee herself. I just stayed in the house for about a week as much as I possibly could and let her run round naked. When I did need to go out she wore pull ups for the first 2 weeks or so and she soon got the hang of it.

I think you get reusable toilet training pants. I would imagine they'd feel more like pants to your little boy but contain accidents :think: I don't have any experince of potty training though.

Good luck!

I've been potty training Aaron for a couple of weeks now and I just let him run around naked when we're in the house. When we go out I have some pull ups for him just incase but I'm gonna start just having little walks with him with proper pants on so if he wets we're not far from home.

hey - i just read a really good tip put a pair of big boy/ girls pants on then a nappy outer waterproof part so that the child can feel what theyve done and think thats not comfortable and HOPEFULLY learn from it :wink:

Agree with the others about staying in/ leaving him in pants etc. What can happen if you put him in pants in the house and pull ups to go out is that they can get confused - they can pee in one but not the other if you know what i mean.

I know boys and girls are different so I'm not sure how relevant my experience is, but I found that as soon as Lucy had pull-ups on she would use them as a nappy and not bother about the potty or toilet.

We just let Lucy run round in the house and when she had an accident put her on the potty. She took to it really well in the house but having a few accidents helped her learn about telling you before she needed a wee.

If you do put trousers on him try and anticipate him needing a wee - watch for him holding his crotch, or hopping up and down. Every hour put him on the potty/toilet regardless just until he gets to the point where he remembers himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back