Right peeps.... I need your potty training help!!

SarahH

Reaction score
I have just started potty training Arianna again after my HV said to leave her a few weeks as she was getting embarrased at accidents.

Well, so far so good, she runs to the potty, either pulls her trousers down, or skirt up..... but..... and this is the problem, she won't pull her little panties down, will sit down and pee through the pants. If it is a poo-poo she pulls them down, but not a pee :think:

I have tried to pull them down for her and she just screams blue murder!

Any of you lovely ladies got any advice! :pray:

Sorry no advice..but aww bless her!! at least she manages it on the potty she is more than half way there! I have only managed to get Hayden to do 1 poo on his potty and he was so frightened..he wont wee on it at all he screams!

All I can suggest is let her wet her knickers and then try talking to her and saying something like "oops you forgot to pull your knickers down, now they're all wet and we'll have to change them" or something? Then when she goes to the potty the next time say "remember to pull your knickers down so you don't get them wet" ?? Might help?

Becky said:
All I can suggest is let her wet her knickers and then try talking to her and saying something like "oops you forgot to pull your knickers down, now they're all wet and we'll have to change them" or something? Then when she goes to the potty the next time say "remember to pull your knickers down so you don't get them wet" ?? Might help?

I've tried that.... personally I just think it is because she wants to wear all her pretty knickers as she gets excited with the Fifi ones, or Disney Princess ones, but then saying that she also says "yay pink" to the plain coloured ones!

Haha, that's great that she loves wearing them! Thought my suggestion might be a bit obvious, I wonder if you could get her to watch you going to the toilet and make a fuss about taking down your knickers. Perhaps she's seen how daddy doesn't have to take his off for wee-wees!?? (Not that I'm saying he wears knickers tho!!)

have u tried talking to her she bout pulling her knickers down and kinda say some one she likes does it so ie stephanie on lazy town
and if that dont work give her a choc button everytime she pulls them down xxx

we had exactly the same thing with a little girl at nursery (am a nursery nurse). we tried lots of things with her and in the end we made a chart covers in pictures from the story book "pants".. and told her that everytime she pulled down her own knickers we would choose a sticker and put it on her chart, if she got a whole week then she'd get a treat.... it worked wonders its amazing what some kids will do for a sticker/ect

or you could try putting her in plain white boring knickers, and say that when she starts pulling them down and stops wee'ing in them then she can wear pretty knickers again (say she is spoiling her nice knickers, so she'll have to wear boreing ones for now....)........

but bless her. and well done you!
we have some kids at nursery who are coming up for 4years old and they have STILL not been potty trained. mums are now panicimng becuase schools wont eccept children who are not using the toilet!

Thanks tinkerbell* I have got a reward chart thing, but I thought she was maybe to young to understand it properly. I will give it a go tho! :)

awww bless her she is doing so well.

I was going to leave Olivia till after xmas but has been saying just lately "i need a wee on potty mummy" So i have got the knickers out yesterday but she hasn't done anything on the potty yet.

I constantly ask her, "do you need a wee Olivia" or remind her if she needs a wee to sit on the potty and she will say yes and go on sit on it The only thing is she can sit on it for ages but not do anything.

Have you any suggestions on how i can get her to wee on it or when are the best times to put her on it?

I think she know's when she needs a wee because when she has her knickers on if she is going to wee she looks down.

Also i thinking pooing on the potty is going to be an issue as when she has a nappy on she goes in the corner and if you ask her if she is having a poo she will say no an if u go near her she screams. But at the minute just a wee on the potty would e a start

It seems such a long time ago that i potty trained Brooke an i dnt really remember what i did woth her.

Any advice from anyone would be great

Welllll.... she is still the same!

Today I am just letting her run around with a top on and no knickers to see if she sees it is easier with no pants and understands why you have to pull them down. :think: :pray: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back