Fetal Movements??

JustJen

Reaction score
Hi, im 34+ weeks and have noticed that my baby's movements arent so harsh. There are definately movements but the do seem few and far between and I dont seem to be getting any hefty kicks. I have a personal doppler which i use regularly to check that all is OK but i didnt no if any other mums at my stage of pregnancy are experiencing the same. Someone mentioned that maybe the babys limbs are pointing inwards rather than outwards hence the reason why i cant really feel them but i dont no if anyone else has heard of this. I would also mention that i am a little overweight - could this contribute to the lack of feeling of movements??? Anyone have any ideas / experiences???

Im going to the clinic tomorrow for a scan and to see my consultant and will mention this to him but didnt no whether i was worrying unnecessarily.

Bye for now.

Jen

Hi!

Don't quote me on this but I read somewhere that the baby is most active before 28-29 weeks and after this calms down due to the lack of space. This might explain the lack of movements. It is true also that if the baby is facing inwards you can't feel it as much.

Ask at the docs anyway just to put your mind at rest :hug: :hug:

baby has less room to move so it might not be as "harsh" anymore

so long as you are gettin 10 fetal movements a day then i wudnt be concerned

however if u are still concerned discuss it wtih ur midwife/consultant

hey jen its probably just lack of space i wouldnt worry to much but still mention it to midwife tomorrow, i dont have harsh movements anymore but movements are still there and i had a scan yesterday and everything is fine.

becky xx :hug: :hug:

you should be experiencing rolls of elbows or knees across your tummy rather than a boot in ur ribs...it is because theres not much room in there now and baby cant stretch to kick you that hard.

hiya hun im 37 weeks and i know what u mean i use to get very hard kicks all the time but my baby has calm down and isnt kicking as hard as she was and she goes though quite times .she has quite times where she doesnt move for a few hours and shes all quite then she will starts kicking and moving about again
hopes this help xx

Hi

I was the same with Kiara its because like others said LO is running out of space as long as youfeel some movements during the day everything is fine :hug:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back