Fetal Doppler (hi-bebe) HELP please!!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Mummyxbear, May 24, 2013.

1. Mummyxbear

Mummyxbear Well-Known Member

Hi
    I am now 12 weeks exactly and still can't find baby's heartbeat on my doppler. I'm getting really worried now. I don't feel pregnant anymore and not finding a heartbeat isn't helping :-(
    Has anyone else used this Doppler? When did you find baby's heartbeat?
    Thank you for reading
    Nicola x

2. LauraMummyToBe

LauraMummyToBe Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't wanna read and run. I haven't used a doppler myself so I can't be of much help.

Have you had your dating scan or any scan? If not if you're really that worried about it then you should ring your midwife or local EPU and explain to them that you're worried. They should then do a scan for you. :(

Sorry you feel this way, I hope everything is okay for you.

FX for you and bub. Xxx

3. LD1978

LD1978 Well-Known Member

Try not to worry hun, its really hard to find a heartbeat and midwifes wont even try til at least 16 weeks so dont panic. They are professionals and sometimes struggle so the normal bod like you and I would find it even more difficult. Plenty of ladies never feel pregnant either - everything will be just fine :)

4. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

This is the exact reason that I won't buy one, I'd be worried sick.

I'd either speak to your doctor or midwife if I was you, just to check everything is ok :)

5. Rebecca89

Rebecca89 Well-Known Member

i have this doppler, i rent it! I tried from about 8 weeks and nothing for ages, I started to find the hb when I was around 13 weeks on and off and since then it just got easier and easier. I found that it was actuaally alot lower than I expected so try right down just above your hairline! I usually find it easier at a strange angle as well. dont let it panic you! xxx

6. Mummy2toddler

Mummy2toddler Well-Known Member

Sorry youre worried. I tried daily to find my sons heartbeat and i couldnt find it until 13 weeks. I cant quite remember any tips sorry as it was like 3 years ago but i remember i used to use loads of gel. Hope you find the heartbeat soon to stop you worrying xx

7. flisstebbs

flisstebbs Well-Known Member

I do dopplers on ladies all the time but never before 14 weeks and really struggled to find mine at 11 weeks. It can still be tricky at times now, especically when i'm very constipated!!

You need to aim much lower than you think at this stage, literally place the probe just over the top of the bony pelvis bit and aim at your foof! It may be really faint too.

My pg symptoms stopped around 12 weeks, and my bump popped out a week later, now its much easier to find the hb.