Angel Sounds doppler, Any help needed asap

MissSara

Reaction score
Right so the postman as just arrived with my doppler........ Yeah. couldn't wait for 12 weeks so ive had a go with it already, really low down there i picked up a very clear heartbeat at one side BUT is it my heartbeat????? I like to think its peanuts but i'm not sure if i'm picking my own up....lol

Anyone who has knowledge of using these could you please help me understand.... Thanks xxx

I wanna get one but I was rubbish with it last time - what I thought was the heartbeat was actually the placenta! Have you heard the heartbeat at any of your appointments yet? I think I'd need to hear it first to know what it sounds like......It should be around double your heart rate though

xx

No not heard it yet, only had one appointment gotta wait for scan first.
My friends coming up and her bubs is due in march so i'm gunna attack her with the doppler then see if i can hear the same on my belly.... lets hope it works.
I hear a beating mixed with a swooshing........ that could be it

Your heart beat will be about 70 - 80 beats a minute when relaxed and your babies should be twice that. If you can be patient enough to time your the heart beat you are hearing it will give you your answer. I got my angel sounds at 16 weeks and it worked great for me then. Sorry I am not sure how early it works from.

Your heartbeat will be slower, as Becs said. Find your pulse in your neck when you listen on the Doppler and it should be easy to time in with your own heartbeat.

Babys is much faster, a real little train puffing noise, very quick.

You can also hear the placenta whoosing.

Be aware though that its still quite early to hear a heartbeat with an Angelsounds. Many people don't pick it up till later on.

I know the swooshing is the placenta and they say the heartbeat should sound like "galloping horses" if that helps..... :think: xxx

Hiah.. Have you found it now...

Ive got an angel sounds, got it when i was 10 weeks and heard it... i was confused at first with what to listen out for, but i heard the swoodhing noise, then i heard a fast beat, you can tell its not your own heart beat as its much faster.

mine sounded just like a train!! and i could only find it really low down and to one side!

hope you find it, let us know!!!

I have never used one, but I remember hearing Lochlins heartbeat, and yeah it was like a fast gallop...Good luck using it!

Are they expensive...and where would you get one? Ebay or something?

I first heard bump's heartbeat when I was 10+6 weeks... It took me about 3 hours to find it though lol. I had to press on so hard to hear it it actually hurt :doh:

Anyway, the whooshing noise is the placenta. Baby's hb is very fast and sounds a lot fainter early on and twice as fast as our own.

Good idea listening to your friends tum as your baby should sound like that so then you'll know :)

It's so worth it when you do hear it though, so special :D

hi hun :)

i got mines about 12ish weeks i think and found the HB first time. it was really low down and quite hard to find though.

the swooshing noise is defo the placenta, when you find babies HB you'll defo be able to tell the difference, it's MUCH faster :) sometimes i put the doppler on my chest to the left and listen to my own HB first to compare :)

hope that helps xx

Thanks ladies, not sure if i have found it yet but OH is home from work now and were gunna have a quiet night listening together.
i bought mine off ebay for £25 which i found a bargain.

Drink a fair bit and don't pee beforehand. It'll fill your bladder a bit and hopefully push Baby to the front a bit more.

Also start really low down, on your pubic bone, just on the top of where your knickers lay (if you wear briefs :lol: ) Move slowly from left to right and be prepared to only pick up a faint sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back