Fertility Monitors - are they worth it?

Mar_15

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if any of you have used a fertility monitor before? I'm thinking of trying something more technologically advanced than pee sticks. I've never had more than 1 day warning with opks.

To be honest I don't even really use OPKs any more and I think I am able to tell when I am ovulating exactly and one day before by ewcm. But wondering if maybe I am wrong? Also maybe a fertility monitor could give me a few days advanced warning as I have fairly irregular cycles (ov. between day 16 and 24).

I've tried temping in the past and it is fine for confirming ovulation but, because my cycles are irregular the predicted days of fertility friend are always wrong.

Have you had success with any monitor and which? Am I just throwing money at the problem and being unrealistic?

Any advice appreciated!
x

I have been curious about fertility monitors too.

I used the clear blue fertility monitor when I first ttc. It was spot on for me and gave me peak readings when I'm expected them but at the time I didn't realise I had a fertility issue which stopped me getting pregnant xx

I used it and found it accurate but no more accurate than the clearblue digi tests which worked out a lot cheaper. I only used 2-3 a month as I used cheapies until the lines got darker and then used the digis. I found the monitor expensive with buying the sticks each month xx

Hrm sounds like what I was thinking to be honest. Maybe just a waste of money. It's so tempting to think there is just a miracle method out there waiting to be found.

It didnt work for me as it picked up the surge but as i dont ovulate it never hit peak so machine just freaked out for me and stuck at high for ages. Its worth it if you don't have fertility issues. I should just stick mine on ebay really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back