Fertility Connected - AMH testing. - my quick review

xMillie

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I posted a little while ago about wanting to try a at home AMH test and I decided to go with fertility connected. Thought I would post about my experience just in case anyone was thinking about finding out their AMH and trying them, the test is currently 75% off, was 50% when I did paid which I think was around £30 or so, fairly cheap really.

The process was pretty simple, you fill in your details, pay and then they give you an online profile which you only really need to use when you get your results. The only thing that confused me was their YouTube instruction guide was either out of date or wrong as it kept talking about putting details into a phone app after collecting the blood sample.. and they don’t seem to have one. I also had a few emails about updating my profile which you can’t.. I contacted their support to ask (very quick to reply) and apparently I didn’t need to do anything.

It took 2-3 weeks from posting my blood sample to get the results.

Good news apparently.. is my AMH is 79.04 pmol/L and I guess we don’t have to worry about time running out according to their charts. Guess my eggs are just crap or something. I don’t know.

That’s really interesting, I never knew you could test for AMH at home. Have you tested recently via gp - how does that compare.

What are your next steps now? xx

Hey ladies,

I posted a little while ago about wanting to try a at home AMH test and I decided to go with fertility connected. Thought I would post about my experience just in case anyone was thinking about finding out their AMH and trying them, the test is currently 75% off, was 50% when I did paid which I think was around £30 or so, fairly cheap really.

The process was pretty simple, you fill in your details, pay and then they give you an online profile which you only really need to use when you get your results. The only thing that confused me was their YouTube instruction guide was either out of date or wrong as it kept talking about putting details into a phone app after collecting the blood sample.. and they don’t seem to have one. I also had a few emails about updating my profile which you can’t.. I contacted their support to ask (very quick to reply) and apparently I didn’t need to do anything.

Good news apparently.. is my AMH is 79.04 pmol/L and I guess we don’t have to worry about time running out according to their charts. Guess my eggs are just crap or something. I don’t know.
Millie - have you ever thought that it might be male factor causing you infertility instead of yourself? X

Hey ladies,

hi millie isnt that extremely high? mine was only 21.8 pmol/l. do you ovulate every month?
on plus side amh is most accurate fertilty test out there for women (so i hear).
agree you should have a sperm analysis done (but i can only guess thats already been done)?

I had it tested through my IVF clinic in 2017, it’s not something GPs would do around here.

Hubby has also had 2 SA’s both over 2 years ago but both came back perfectly fine.

@soffphie that is what I thought about the result but according to them that’s what it is, I’ll add a screenshot of their chart.

Maybe it’s not measured in pmol/L then? I guess it doesn’t exactly say anywhere!

0F6F5DD7-5B7C-4C9B-961C-BDDA822F60D6.png 337E117F-A472-4145-AC34-B25293FD51AF.png

@MelC2011 we don’t really have any next steps for a little while yet.. eventually we will go ivf privately I guess. Still hoping it will just happen :(

Okay, I’ve had a look over their website and my results again with Hubby this time and he seems to think that they are saying I have 79 p/mol.. I think I’m going to email with them to check as we’ve done some googling and it sounds like anyone with an amh of 79 or higher often has pcos? I don’t have any of the symptoms (other than the occasional odd length cycles). And I’ll have to see if I can find it to check but I’m sure the amh test I had over 2 years ago was only 25 or so.. ugh. Now I’m just confused!!

edit. Found it and it was 34 just over 2 years ago.. so it can’t be 79 now?

Hmm, does seem strange to have gone up. Definitely contact them, interesting to know what they will say.

Sorry this seems to be asking more questions than it’s answering!

Okay, I’ve had a look over their website and my results again with Hubby this time and he seems to think that they are saying I have 79 p/mol.. I think I’m going to email with them to check as we’ve done some googling and it sounds like anyone with an amh of 79 or higher often has pcos? I don’t have any of the symptoms (other than the occasional odd length cycles). And I’ll have to see if I can find it to check but I’m sure the amh test I had over 2 years ago was only 25 or so.. ugh. Now I’m just confused!!

edit. Found it and it was 34 just over 2 years ago.. so it can’t be 79 now?

it could be a dud test result? i really wouldnt think it would go up as AMH is about egg reserves isnt it? used for ivf to know very accurately how much to stimulate you?
so after 2 years it should in theory be down? since youve used some up?
hope you get an answer soon :)

Yes it doesn’t make sense for it to have gone up, especially that much after over 2 years.

I emailed them last night and asked what the result measured in and have had a reply:

‘We will not be able to comment on your result and give the diagnosis. As we are not medical professionals.

Don’t try to make any conclusions on your AMH levels yourself, leave it to your doctor.

The result which is published in your profile is for your current state and further testing may be required to establish a correct diagnosis.’

Not a very helpful answer to what I asked but I guess they did what I paid them for and they don’t really have to help me anymore?
Maybe I should just find a private fertility clinic and get it done there..

Yes it doesn’t make sense for it to have gone up, especially that much after over 2 years.

I emailed them last night and asked what the result measured in and have had a reply:

‘We will not be able to comment on your result and give the diagnosis. As we are not medical professionals.

Don’t try to make any conclusions on your AMH levels yourself, leave it to your doctor.

The result which is published in your profile is for your current state and further testing may be required to establish a correct diagnosis.’

Not a very helpful answer to what I asked but I guess they did what I paid them for and they don’t really have to help me anymore?
Maybe I should just find a private fertility clinic and get it done there..
Sounds like a rude reply to me. Surely they can give you the answer of what the result is measured in. Are you sure its legit hun? xx

I thought so from everything I read before I did it.

I had hoped they would just confirm what it was measured it but ah well. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back