Dhea

Alwaystrying

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Has anyone ever taken or looked into DHEA? I have a low AMH level and looking to start IVF this year, however just recently I have looked of trying other methods before I go down thus route, Poas last night and got my first :) face, I was so chuffed, never really followed this before.

I have looked into getting pregnant with a low AMH level and this DHEA keeps coming up

http://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/premature_ovaries.html

Has anyone heard of this before, don't want to start taking something without any knowledge behind it all

Thank you all for reading xx

Hi never heard of it but very interesting. My amh is 15.5 which for my age is on the borderline. Will definately have a good read up on it.

Never heard of it but very interested as I have a low AMH level fir my age. Will spend some time reading this and ser what it says. Do you have a rough idea?

It apparently is a supplement, the low AMH level means our eggs are ageing faster than what we are (if that makes sense) this pill helps by slowing down the age process, allot of Americans take it and looked at other pregnancy forums from the US and other ladies that have been taking them have had quite a few success stories

I have heard of it before but I'd be inclined to treat it like a prescription drug and get the support of a fertility consultant before taking it.

It's basically a hormone and has a masculinising effect on women, which I can appreciate being good... If someone is hormonally too feminine. It's similar to a steroid.

Also, hormones encourage many forms of cancers to grow which is why our hormone levels fall as we age and therefore I'd be concerned that supplementing hormone level will ultimately cause more harm than good.

There are no significant medical trials on it, so you need to be careful. It might even delay your IVF if they find out you've been on it or cause your response to be unpredictable and cause you cycle to fail.

Heaven knows what it might do to a pregnancy.

Yes Lou I would take anything without knowledge on it first, I am thinking of calling my gyane and seeing what he says.
Seems to be highly used in the States though, never heard of it here before

Why can't things be simple :wall2:

Sorry that should read I would not take anything without knowledge on it first

Agree with lou, I got told of for taking evening primrose oil so no chance I would do anything without medical support!!

My private doc does it at his clinic, Dr Luciano Nardo, he's in Manchester and London, there are articles about in on his website.

Xx

Just an update, I spoke to my consultant about this and he said it's quite harmless and other consultants recommend to take it, mine however said there is no medical proof that it will work, but no harm in trying it.

I have looked at another forum www.fertiltyfriends.co.uk and some of the ladies on there have used it and had quite a few success stories, so I am going to give it a go :)

Interesting! Is it a tablet or what and where would you get it? I may ask at my appointment whenever it ever does come through!

I got mine from biovea and yes it one tablet a day, another vitamin this other forum recommends to help the quality of eggs is co enzyme-q10 you can get these from holland and Barrett. I can't afford IVF until next year due to the wedding this year, I am going to give them a go, especially after my consultant has said it's worth a go :)

Glad you checked with your doc.

Good luck to you , it turns out I have AMH level of 5.33 , so lower, but I am older now! So will be interested to see how you get on X

That's still better than mine JJmum mine was only 1.50 :-(
However only took 2 pills and this month my tummy is very bloated, can even suck it. I had a little quick bleed on Monday (AF not due until Sunday) and was feeling sick. So stopped taking them and just now doing the co enzyme q10 tablets, I'm sure 2 tablets would not cause this but I id read DHEA can mess your cycles up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back