Fertility appointment

Alwaystrying

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Bit of advise if you don't mind

I have an appointment on Thursday to speak to my fertility doctor about my options, I unfortunately will have to have IVF due to been trying for 2.5 years and recently been told I have poor quality eggs, the day I got told this I did not hang around to hear my options I ran away crying like a spoilt child, anyway I have made a follow up appointment to speak to him again, after all he was lovely and called me 2 days after my initial appointment to make sure I was ok

Part of me wants to go directly down the route of egg donation to give me a better chance, however the big part of me wants to try with my own eggs first

Is there anything out there to help "strengthen" your eggs? What sensible questions should I be asking, I am actually quite scared and do not know where to start :eh:

Thank you for reading xx

How do they know you have poor quality eggs?

The only way of knowing for sure if your eggs are suitable for ICSI is to try them! :)

Well, a good question would be to ask your consultant if he thinks there is anything that you can do to improve your eggs. I know some women start taking Royal Jelly caps and try acupuncture.

I feel that going down the donor route is a huge decision and one that shouldn't be made simply due to the impatience of wanting to be done with ttc xx

totally agree with Lou, how do they know your egg quality is poor??

I think I would have to try at least one go with my own eggs x

I dont know, I had some blood tests done 21 day of cycle and then another day 2 of my cycle and that was the news I got, TBH it was all really a blur, and it's not the inpaticence of TTC its more emotional for me, may sound silly but I put on this front that I am a strong independent woman but really I am a complete mess inside even my OH don't really know how I feel

I can understand that Alwaystrying :hug:

The thing is that there is no easy way out...

Using donor eggs might get you pregnant, but that won't be the end of the strain because with every new avenue comes a whole host of new conflicts in your heart and mind.

I don't mean to put you off donor eggs because for some people that is the best way forward, but with considering donor sperm for us there are a whole host of questions:
Will hubby be able to bond with the child?
Will hubby's family bond with the child?
What if the child looks the spitting image of the donor?
What if the child rejects their non-biological parent?
What if the child wants to get to know their biological parents?
Will i regret the decision of allowing one of us to conceive and the other remain childless when we are supposed to be equal in our relationship?
What if we divorce? Does the child go with the biological parent?

None of these might apply to you, but it doesn't get any easier is how i feel anyway.

It's worth risking the perfect outcome just to avoid all the unforseeable consequences :)

Last edited:
Hi hon have you ever had a scan done??? If u have only had blood tests done i would get a scan that will give you more information on your egg quality and together with your bloods u may be able to make a more informed decision. As Lou says above egg donation needs to be thought about carefully. I would get much more info before you decide. Good luck xxxx

Thanks all, I had a scan to show me all the craters ( whatever they are properly called) where the eggs would be, quite a few of them

Find out everything tomorrow, hopefully we can make some decisions from there and whatever we decided get the ball rolling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back