Feeling worse in second trimester..

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by fcroxy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

Is it normal to be feeling worse now that I did in my first trimester? I will be 19 weeks tomorrow. In my first trimester I had no sickness and generally felt like myself (I thought I had been blessed and the whole pregnancy will be a doddle lol) but the last few weeks I have been feeling a lot worse, nauseous and extreme headaches, achy and very tired. I know that the heat is probably not helping much but I can't help but worry that its not normal as I have seen in most posts that people are generally feeling a lot better now. I know people are different but it seems that its only getting worse for me

2. C0606

C0606 Well-Known Member

As soon as I got into the second trimester my sickness/nausea took on a whole new level and my headaches have been off the charts too. I thought I was going to be one of those women who come out of things completely unscathed.
    I mentioned the worsening in my symptoms to my MW at my 16th week visit and she said unfortunately it's a bit of sods law and is completely normal... wait for it... especially if you had a relatively easy ride in first tri. It is definitely grim but rest assured that it's completely normal :) Hope this helped! x

3. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

Yes it has thank you. I generally thought that sickness and feeling like rubbish only really happened in the first tri so was concerned that something could be wrong. I have visited the doctor today and she has taken bloods and what not but glad to know that I'm not alone x

4. Holly1991

Holly1991 Well-Known Member

Mine started alot on week 11 ... Since then I've felt horrible! 17 weeks tomorrow!
    X