Feeling rough, could it be a uti?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Em91, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Em91

Em91 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, hope you're all enjoying your weekend :)

Have had this cold/flu thing for over a week. But i work with kids so used to colds spend half my life with one, Either that or sickness bugs.

Today i've felt really awful, have slept most the day, got a different type of stomach ache to the cramping. Temp's pretty high and sorry tmi but got a burning sensation when i go to the toliet.Thinking it might be a uti? Know they're pretty common in pregnancy. Anybody had them, should i leave it to clear up by itself or go to the drs monday?

Thought it might just be my cold turning into flu at first but then with the different stomach ache and it hurting when i go to the loo figure maybe it's not?

I really don't like drs tbh and rarely went before i was pregnant seem to be living at the surgery the last 3 months lol! Suppose i've gotta get used to that till the LO comes along!

Thanks for any advice, much appreciated :)

#1 Em91, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

Try drinking lots of cranberry juice and if its still the same in a few days, then go to ur doc.
    Give it til Tues or Weds with the cranberry juice and see if it works x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3. Em91

Em91 Well-Known Member

Thanks JayJay will brave the snow tomorrow and go buy some cranberry juice :) x

4. Belle23

Belle23 Well-Known Member

Or lemon barley it does same thing xxx

5. LucyB.

LucyB. Well-Known Member

Sounds like a uti but I wouldn't worry, I went to the docs and she just gave me some anti biotics, it cleared up within a few days :) xxxx

6. babyelmo

babyelmo Well-Known Member

It definitely sounds like a uti. I had one at around 6 weeks, a course of antibiotics and plenty of water sorted it out.

Hope you're feeling better soon x

7. Em91

Em91 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies went to drs this morning and got told yes it is a uti. I also have impertigo, which means I'm not aloud into work for 2-3 days because I work with children and its so contagious! argh