Feeling Odd!

Heatherb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I haven't been posting much lately- trying to get used to the fact that I will have hardly any time at all to come on here once baby is born!

Today I have woken up and just feel really odd.

On the walk back from school this morning I was getting regular tightenings in my lower abdomen (about every 5 mins), but not like period pain or braxton hicks, more like a tightening with a very dull ache, lasting about 20 secs each. Seemed to disappear when I got home though, although I have had a few since lunch.

Also, keep feeling the need to have a poo (sorry!!), and have already been twice today, first time was loads (sorry again), second time not so much, both times were quite loose, and I still feel like I need to go all the time, but not urgently.

DH has been asking all sorts of questions, seeing if it is the start of something or just a tummy bug. Doesn't feel at all like a tummy bug, just an annoyance!!

It's probably nothing at all, but I'd like to think that it was gearing up to something. All 3 of my previous labours started with loose stools (can't remember how long before, but within 12 hours of contractions starting), and have had a teeny tiny amount of jelly like stuff when I wiped this morning.

I know I am getting myself all worked up, but it's so easily done.

Will let you know if anything progresses, but I doubt it will.

Heather x

Sending lots of hugs Heather, no idea if it's starting for you but if it's what you want then I hope it is and all goes smoothly for you, BIG hugs :hug:

Needing the loo is your bodys way of clearing out before the labour, maybe you dont have much longer to go now.

oh this could be it hun best of luck :cheer:

Sounding like you may have started! i only have Elliots birth to go by but mine started off with back pain and then couldn't keep off the loo :| it was if my body knew what it had to get rid of :? good luck

This sounds like what i been goin thru in the past few days aswel! Ive been gettin back pain aswell tho wen i feel tightnings, only thing diff is the jelly like stuff. Hope everythings ok with u chick. Av u called ya M/W??

sounds like the jelly stuff could be the first part of your 'show', just keep yourself busy and your labour could come on shortly, if it hasnt already!

Good luck! keep us informed :D

I've never had a labour so can't comment from personal experience... but from what others have written here it could be the start of something. How exciting! :D Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you. :hug:

Thanks for all your replies.

I am still feeling the same. Been to the 'loo' twice more, and I feel I need to go again now! Some more tightenings, but nothing regular and not even very often.

Going to get into a bath in a minute, with Clary Sage oil in, if I'm really ready it should get things going, if not, then no harm done.

Will keep you informed.

Heather x

Hi All,

Just a little update.

Well, I had my Clary Sage bath, which was lovely and relaxing, then sat in front of the tv with some clary sage in a burner. Still felt a bit odd throughout the evening.

But, went to bed and slept really, really well, but with no twinges or tightenings or anything. Woke up and have had nothing all morning.

So, looks like it was all a false alarm. :(

I'm hoping that my body is gearing itself up for something happening soon though.

Heather x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back