Is this BH? *Should I ring the MW?* Update...!

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
On and off for the last week, I've been getting quite sharp pains that take my breath away a bit - it's sort of like when you have a bad tummy, like with a stomach bug or food poisoning and it aches quite sharply all over your tummy - does this make sense?

I've been feeling for tightening across my tum as well when I get the pains but don't think I'm getting any; could it be BH? x

When I get my BH it feels like baby is pushing out but all over my tummy just goes really hard but I don't get any pain, just feels weird! But when I asked MW she said that you can get pain with them... X

When I get my BH it feels like baby is pushing out but all over my tummy just goes really hard but I don't get any pain, just feels weird! But when I asked MW she said that you can get pain with them... X

Thats what i am getting! So thats BH? x

Well lord knows what I'm getting then - really bad pains like a stomach upset and my face and chest have gone all blotchy :-( It's really painful - I'm wondering if I should ring MW? x

I would say so! I think its hard to explain what they feel like! I know this sounds funny but it kinda feels like all the air has been sucked out my tummy and goes tight for about 20-30secs and then goes back to normal! Xx

I've just been looking on the internet and some women have said that BH does feel like when you have a bad stomach or chronic diarrhea - that's what mine feel like, super painful! I can't tell if I'm getting tightenings because the pain is so intense :-( x

Oh right, god knows what i am getting. I think you should phone your midwife incase hun. xxx

I did have something quite spicy for dinner and am wondering if this has made my stomach hurt or if that's perhaps brought on the BH as a result? It has now moved to low back ache, like period pain. Baby is moving/kicking so is it safe to assume all is OK with them? Don't want to over react if it maybe is as simple as I've eaten something that I'm now sensitive to?
:-(

Ladies - problem solved. Have just been to the loo and have had a rather gross *movement*, very much consistent with having a dicky tummy! I think my dinner deffo did not agree with me and my body has been trying to get it out for the last hour, hopefully I've got it all out now...! Sorry for TMI but am quite relieved...

I bloody worry myself...! x

i get what i think are BH and mine are sore MW said every1 feels them different and can be sore x

Last edited:
Oh good! Glad everything is ok, not so nice that I read that while eating a chow mein..lol xx.

There are so many different things that happens to our bodys during pregnancy, we are bound to worry! I would rather phone MW than sit there worrying!!

i always wonder if the pain i describe is the same pain others get haha its weird to wonder if we all get the same pain or just think its the same thing hahah

Feel a lot better - baby has been wriggling away so am going to sleep and not worry anymore x

I think I get them n that's what it feels like, like I've got a bug or the trots n the pains u get in ur tummy with that, in fact they actually feel like mini contractions, well that's how they felt when I went in labor with son so I'd say yep they r bh x x

I had exactly the same thing happen to me on Tuesday night! I had pains across my bump and my back, then realised I needed the loo and lets just say it wasn't pretty!! I was fine after that!

Glad you're ok hun! :) x

Phew! Thanks Nadine & Claire - I said I wasn't going to worry but you know when you're like "eeek is all ok?" baby (as ever) seems totally unphased and kicking like a good un, but I was worried as those pains were so sore, glad it's normal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back