Feeling more confident after HV visit!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
I was pooing myself over this visit but I am feeling so much more confident. She showed me how to handle Aimee such as putting her on her tummy for 'tummy time' and how to put her suits on. I've actually been scared while changing her or holding her sometimes incase I hurt her. I told the midwife in the hospital who rolled her eyes and walked away. :evil: Didn't help my confidence much! :shakehead: I am feeling much better now I've spoken to the HV. :cheer:

When Logan was first born I used to feel nervous when putting his vests over his head, and it took me a while to feel confident holding him....and that was my second baby!!

You'll be picking up and dressing Aimee without giving it a thought in no time :D

I can't believe the midwife walked away from you, you're not alone in feeling a bit nervous, I didn't have a clue how to pick up James when he was born and left him in his cot till someone showed me cos I was too scared to touch him! :lol:

I know I'll be the same, but when holding my cousin's newborn baby a few weeks ago, my MIL reminded me what that baby has just been through in the delivery and there's really no need to be so frightened because they're pretty tough. I can't help it though, I have very little baby-experience.

That sh*t MW should be sacked - she's there to help you learn how to look after your baby! When I had Miss Lu the hospital staff kept asking me was I happy about dressing her/bathing her, did I want to be shown how to do nappy changes etc.

Thank god your HV was good with you!! It is daunting at first but you'll soon get used to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back