Feeling lost and down and been diagnosed with SPD

oleandershelly

Reaction score
Well I'm officially at my 22 week point tomorrow, but don't feel great at all. I'm over the moon we're having a baby and my partner is being amazing through this. But nothing is the same, anything I did for fun I cannot do, no more nights out in the pub or going to concerts because I can't stand up long enough and can't drink.

As if I was struggling to cope with this, but I have now been diagnosed with Symphysis Pelvis Dysfunction. I feel better because I know the pain I'm in is genuine, but it's facing facts that my mobility is going to get worse and I'm probably going to be stuck on crutches.

I know I should be happy because this amazing thing will be here in 4 months, but that seems so far away and still not real and it doesn't work right now as a happy thought to pull me out of this. My partner is doing everything he can to help. He's got the pub to stock non alcholic beer so I can pretend and he's been getting the house ready for the baby. Just need a bit of a pick up

Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me????

:hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry have no advice but i do think the preg hormones make everything seem worse. I have the odd really bad day.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

can't advise on the spd but others on here will be able to.

The hormones always make us feel worse- hope you pick up soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like you are having a really rough time :hug: :hug: could you try yoga or physio?? Time will pass quicker than you think and we all get days that we feel down, miserable and apprehensive - and think 'I should be so happy' and then feel guilty too :roll:

Dont be too hard on yourself and try and talk to your partner and explain how you feel and what you need him to do.

Hope you feel bettr soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bless you chicken, It must be hard but positive thinking goes along way. I don't know the ins-and -outs of spd but as long as your baby is healthly and the spd isn't life threatening in anyway you'll get through it and come out the other side with a bundle off joy- chin up :hug:

Thank you everyone. It just worries me that if I'm bad now, what's the post natal depression gonna be like. I try to keep my chin up but it just seems the baby's so far away and when it arrives am I gonna be in a happy place or a good enough place I can deal with be a new mum. x

oh i was just have a little look in tri 3 (scaring myself) and there is a sticky at the top about spd- hope it helps x x x

Cant really help with the spd, sorry. Just wanted to send you a :hug:

Hi honey, So sorry to here you have SPD. I can totally understand how you are feeling.

I had my little boy 7 months ago, and before he came along I had problems with hubby we got married when I was 4 months preg(had been planned for 2 years) but we were having a tought time and just not really getting along, he was having his usual fun and enjoying life and I could do absolutley nothing that I used to. I spent alot of time crying...

I had bad SPD which got worse as the pregnancy went on, used crutches and ended up using a wheel chair for the last month.

But after having my little bundle of joy, all the pain went straight away, was out walking baby 5 days later( i had a secton) Me and hubby couldnt be happier, we have been so close for the last 7 months, I think it was all caused by pregnancy hormones to be honest.

Im 18 weeks now and have yet again got SPD, but I dont feel so down about it this time cos I know it wont last after the pregnancy, and after havng the baby I can get some pain killers!!

I really hope you feel better honey, nce youve had your baba all will feel great, hormones have alot to answer for! :hug:

Aw dear sorry to hear this.

Have you been given and exercises to help with your SPD?

:hug: :hug:

I'm only 17 weeks but by 10 weeks my spd had kicked off again, I'll be on crutches soon too, I do things slowly now, like getting out of bed. :hug:

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so down, it must be hard.

Hope you hang around and we can try to cheer you up a little... :wave:

So sorry to hear your having problems hun. My main problem at he moment is SPD and Round Ligament Pain.. the midwife also notices that my lower back is weak and not coping well with the weight at the front. I too hobble around quite a bit, and on occasional days can't even leave the house.

I'm really concerned I might end up on crutches in the end!
I have good days and bad days too, and some days even cry over the lack of mobility and aches, but it really is for the greatest cause, so all I can do is grin and bear it really. I really hope that things improve for you too and I also think that perhaps you and your OH really need to sit down and iron out whatever issues you are currently having, because when your baby comes along, you really will need and want each others support immensely! xx

I had spd with my first pregnancy. Could you ask your midwife if she could refer you for some physio? I had this and found it helped. It will normally disappear once you've had the baby :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back