• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling like sh1t! :( - advice please??

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi girls

Iv woke up with a REALLY sore throat today and a heavy head. Does anyone know what I can take to soothe my throat? I can't do honey and lemon hot water, it makes me heave. OH is going to get me paracetemol, is there anything else I can get? Xx

So sorry u are feeling sooo rough........if your head is heavy from being hunged up u could try inhaling steam? Don't think we're allowed any over the counter cold remedies unfortunately! I would say try and drink plenty and rest. Hope u feel better soon hun xx

Vicks vaporub on your chest. Olbas oil in a face steam. Lockets in moderation. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Oh I don't know Hun :( shame u can't do honey and lemon its so soothing. Ice cold water??? I don't think preg ladies are allowed lozengers are they? Hope u feel better soon lovie :hug: xxx

Thanks girls I'l try and get some olbas oil and can I take lockers NK? Xx

You're allowed some lozanges and not others. Just do a bit of research. I checked out lockets when I had a heavy cold and the plain old honey and lemon ones didn't have anything special in them like sachets and tablets do. Just google and see.

I've had 2 really bad colds during this pregnancy (which isn't bad for 40 weeks) & your only allowed paracetamol & halls soothers or similar.

There is one more thing your allowed called simple linctus, first time i had a cold the pharmacist says your allowed it but its just sugar & wont do anything, 2nd cold I really needed something just to soothe my throat so bought it, same again from a diff pharmacist, saying, oooh it wont do anything its only sugar (even though it was sugar free simple linctus) I bought it anyway - looked at the bottle & theres def more than sugar & I found it took the edge off the sore throat, not the miracle cough bottle we're all used to but I thought it def helped me.

:)

Thanks littlemiss, if I feel the same tomorrow I'l go and get some xx

:hug: sorry ur feeling pants hun. I don't know what to suggest :-( plenty of oranges and vit c x

mmmmmm

OJ

I'm soooooo jealous, i'm on strict orders not to drink or eat any fruit coz of my heart burn

:cry:

ice cream purely to soothe ur throat :)

Hope you feel better soon. Have an early night hun and loads of fluids x

My auntie swears by simple linctus - its the only cough bottle she uses, and she's def not pregnant. lol

Ive got the beginnnings of a tickle, and as my mum's on antibiotics now, i thought i'd better get something ot take the edge off - boots counter gave me a glycerol syrup - nothing medicated in it but better that nothing.

I stocked up on OJ for vit C as well.
xxx

No :( think Iv caught a virus :( feel awful and didn't sleep at all last night :cry: thanks for checking up on me girls. Xx

aww. thats not good. will you manage to rest today??
xxx

Hope your feeling a bit better tonight.

Did you make an appointment with your doctor or anything?

Fingers crossed you get a good nights sleep tonight!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back