Advice Needed Please xx

K X

Reaction score
Hi, hope everyone is well!

Need a question answered as I am not sure on this. Yesterday developed really bad cough and sore throat, woke up this morning feeling crap, sore throat, runny nose, cough and earache. Can I take anything other than paracetemol as I need to get rid of the cough?

I stupidly took honey lemon and glycerine last night without reading the label, its says DO NOT take if pregnant or breastfeeding..Uh oh! Need OH to go to boots and get something.

Being pregnant and asthmatic I think I am limited!

Thanks xxxxx 22 weeks today! ;o)

Hello K!

Sorry you're not well - I'm afraid I don't know what you can take, but I suggest as it's the weekend you could go into any chemist and ask to speak to a pharmacist - they should be able to advise you on what you can take during pregnancy/with asthma. Alternatively you may be able to use steam with some sort of essential oil??

Hope you get better soon

LBxx

Hiya

Im feeling crap aswell. Got an awful head cold. What Im taking is paracetamol and lockets for my nose and throat. On the back of the lockets it says there are no adverse effects on pregnancy. Im also drinking a lot of hot juice!

Hope you feel better soon.

x x xx x

If I have a cold I usually drink hot water with a squeeze of lemon juice and a spoon of honey, works well as it loosens the phlegm, soothes your throat and coats your chest plus its got vitamin C as well so cant be that bad!!

You never know it might help things a little!

I am off work sick at the mo and NHS direct (who were brilliant) said paracetamol is fine if taken as per instructions on pack and also honey and glycerine is absolutely safe within reason too. She looks it up in an NHS safe drugs for pregnancy book and said both were fine. I know how you feel being PG and allergic to aspirin/ brufen and most other drugs i am limited too!

The worry we go through for our little beans! :D But theyre worth it!

Hi guys, thanks for your help. My OH went to boots yesterday, who said I can only take paracetemol (useless) and tunes!!! I got worse by last night and my mum phoned NHS 24 and they advised me to go straight to hospital.

My asthma had got really bad. Seen DR who put me on a nebulizer for 30 mins to open up my airwaves, and gave me a course of steroids to take. I am really sceptical about taking anything like that during my pregnancy, however, he cheered me up (not) by saying, if I don't take them I could end up starving my baby of oxygen due to my breathing difficulties!

So here I am, taking steroids, going to put on another 2 stone! Just to warn you, avoid any medicines with ipecaca (not sure on spelling) in it, this is found in strepsils, beechams, honey lemon and glycerine linctus, it can cause severe contractions and start off early labour.

I do pity anyone with a cold or flu like bug during pregnancy, as there is nothing that can help.

Thankyou for your replies and hope you all feel better soon.

Big hugs

K xxx

P.S Beechams Veno's Linctus is perfectly safe!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27