• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

feeling like ive got pre-baby blues

claireo

Reaction score
pregnancy hormones are obvioulsy runnin on overdrive. past couple of days im feelin very lonely and upset. think its a case of the pre-baby blues

i know in a few weeks im gonna have the best thing in the world and i really cant wait but at the moment ive never felt so unattractive, uncomfy, lonely and bored in my life. sounds silly but it really feels as if people are avoiding me like the plague. im pregnant not contagious lol. i think im cracking up being stuck in the house alone 24/7. i'd try do something constructive but im in so much pain i can hardly get dressed, never mind walk!! im just tiny but my bumps so big, baby's pushing down on my hips and the pain in my pelvis has been unreal. on the bright side, my house has never been so tidy hehe. *sigh!!*

:hug: I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling like this honey, hopefully the remaining time will fly by and it will be all worth it in a few weeks when you get to take your baby home to your very clean and tide house :lol:

I've just been signed off with pelvic dysfunction, I'm not as far along but I know those days you are describing! The mind is willing but the body aint!!! My OH said that was his main concern when I was signed off was my mood but I'm determined to keep busy to a point.
I live for lists! And get a bit of satisfaction when I've managed to tick some things off my lists each day, can be as small as sending an email, or putting a load of washing on! I'm quite a creative person too so I'm hoping to get back into a bit of sewing, and some DIY that doesn't involve much standing or stretching, I sanded and treated our garden table the other day all sitting down.
Are there any groups locally you could go to? I've not started antenatal classes but wonder if there is something through your local NCT or community centre? You're definately not alone, a day in the house is a long one!! Maybe spend some time pampering yourself, it will be a while til you can't spend that sort of time on yourself after baby arrives!
Hope you are feeling more like yourself soon, feel free to pm me, I'm about on here a lot now :) x

your like me, i make lists all the time. im that scattered brained id be a mess if i didnt, ive got 'baby brain' at the moment making me a million times worse. i was making myself a cup of tea the other day put the milk in the cupboard while i was gettin a cup then went to the shop to buy some more. found the hiding milk later on that night. but it does help give me a sense of achievement ticking things off. ive done a wee bit DIY myself, decided to powerwash the patio slabs the other day, got about 3 done then i couldnt go on, tried again the next day, 1 slab down and broke the power washer.
its horrible being of work as your tend to spend the day alone since everyone else is at work. i hope your pelvic pain eases a bit, ive been referred to a physio for the 2nd time, i think ive to get a brace fitted this time. its awful can barely get in or out the car/bed etc.
will maybe have a check to see if there is any groups or that i can go to. im slowly going mad stuck in here x

:rotfl: @ the milk :) That's the kind of thing I would do, and breaking the power washer too :) It's really hard to break the monotony though! My mum and OH's mum don't work and most of my friends are off on mat leave or work part time so they are about, just haven't been for the last week so the loneliness does bite.
I'd stear clear of the braces, they are so uncomfortable, I just found they dug into my tummy, plus you can't wear them sitting down for any length of time. I've got a tubi-grip, think it's a size K that goes all the way from under my boobs to over my hips. It does feel like it's holding me in! The other thing to try is putting a plastic bag on your car seat (bag for life is the best kind). It reduces the friction between your clothes and the seat fabric when you are trying to get out (keeping your knees together).

ive already been to the physio once and she gave me exercises and a gym ball but it's not helped so there was talk of the brace. my cousin said the brace was useless aswell, i'll maybe ask them if there is other options then. is it not basically just a giant elastic band??
ive been trying to get out the car with my legs together and sleeping with a pillow inbetween them seems to help a bit during the nite but recently ive not been a great sleeper and tossing and turning is leaving me in agony

The braces are like a belt that vecro together at the front. The first one they gave me had metal bones at the back and it was massive, the second one is softer but has three bits that velcro at the front. It's a lot of fairly rigid material sitting right under your bump, not comfy! The tubigrip is more flexible, more like a giant elastic band, and much more comfortable.
The gym ball is pretty useless, I was told not to exercise though!! And not to swim or walk too far. I think the only other option is crutches as they take the weight of the pelvis directly. I know exactly what you mean about sleeping! It's awful, especially having to get up so often for the loo, I tend to be up at least every hour just now, I have no idea how my OH sleeps through all the pollava!

ive not got an OH to waken up lol which means im lucky i get the bed to myself, never thought i'd be in so much pain turning over in my sleep though. i had the problem with my hips that cause i was in so much pain i wasnt walking much so i was starting to stiffen up, which is why she gave me the excersises so i didnt end up with a concrete pelvis. they usually end up giving me back pain though, im probably not doing them right haha. i hope its not going to get too much worse when the wee one drops or im go end up in a wheelchair never mind the crutches!

I really feel for you ladies. I haven't really had many aches and pains in previous 3 pregnancies but this time my back is agony after 30-40mins activity and my hips ache particularly in the morn. I am sleeping with so many pillows to get comfy then 2 hours later need a wee and start the whole process again. Don't know how much more back ache i can take - i have a 9,7 and 6 year old who have been off for 2 half weeks and have never felt so tired - i usually enjoy the holidays but think i will be sleeping for a week when they go back lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back