Feeling so alone

SamStevens

Reaction score
I have been on maternity leave for a week and a half now and im so lonely!
I dont know anyone round here thats pregnant or with young children, and seem to spend every day sat in front of the tv or in the garden on my own.
It makes every day drag so much, and all i can think about is when my baby will make an appearance!
Want to spend some quality time with hubby as its our last couple of weeks of being just us but hes working all hours god sends and just seems to come home to sleep!
Im so lonely!
Sorry, rant over!

Aaawww hun it is lonely being on mat leave. Have you been to any antenatal classes? The nct run coffee mornings and things to for mums and mums-to-be. Maybe have a look in your local area. My OH is constantly shattered too and seems to have little to talk about except work but that will soon all change and we'll have LO to share.

Keep your chin up hunny :hug: xxxxxxxx

Thanks
No ante-natal classes where I am (we live in the middle of nowhere!).
Will have to look into nct.
Everyone keeps telling me to make the most of the quiet and rest, but im sick of resting!
X

Yeah it gets a bit too much huh. It would be nice to have a four hour shopping spree with oodles of coffee and muffins but I'd be lucky to last 4 minutes at the mo. It's hard cos when the OH does come home I have very little to talk about and have to listen to a minute by minute account of his day :roll:

I live in a town but even that can be lonely, cos it's taken us so long to have the baby everyone is used to me doing all the visiting and running around. Only once since my maternity leave started 4 weeks ago has anyone come round to see me. If I can't be arsed to go out I don't see anyone and yet everyone will have a dig and say I haven't been over for ages lol

Look up the nct in your area and hope you find something xxxxxxxx

Thanks I will.
OH tries his best by always asking how my day was when he gets in, but the answers always the same!
Its generally an account of what Phil and Holly did today, how the Loose Women are and what the postman said!!
I then have to sit through an hour of his work!
Just want baby to hurry up so at least people will come round and see us and OH gets 2 weeks off with me!
Ready to meet my LO!
X

I hear ya hun I really do. LO will be a good excuse to get out and meet other people and technically you aren't on your own either so it's even better. Mind you when we have toddlers running around and having to take them to nursery/school and are heavily pregnant again we might look back on this and sigh lol

it is such a lonely time - the whole of pregnancy that is... no one warns you of the social isolation!

Im banking on mother and baby groups filling my social calendar in a couple of weeks, till then its me, jeremy kyle and the internet against the world! xxx

chin up chick xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back