Feeling like a failure & Holly's only 6 days old

glad things were a bit beter the night before hon. How was talk with the mw and how was last night?
xx

Sorry I haven't updated you all sooner, but my uterine infection made me feel very under the weather Friday & Saturday & it was my little boys birthday on Friday & Taekwondo grading yesterday (he passed!)Think antibiotics are kicking in now & I am no longer engorged with milk. I've used Lansinoh religiously & the gel pads for the boobs (fantastic things they are too!)
The midwife said I could express & cup feed if I needed help during the night from my hubby & try bottles from around 4 weeks. Luckily they've been very supportive along with my hubby who has helped around the house & told me to go back to bed to rest while he's on paternity leave.
But for the past 3 nights & days my fantastic daughter has been feeding for around 20 minutes on each breast & going 3 hours between feeds!! So although I'm still tired & poorly, I am feeling much more positive about things.
Thanks again for all your support & advice x

Sunnyb xxx

Great to hear that baby's getting into a nice routine :hug: x

Aww Sunnyb I have only just seem this - bless you!

I am glad things are settling off now tho it's tough in the first few days let alone with an infection and all the soreness you have/are having!

Congratulations to Joseph on passing his grading! He must be so proud! I take it you got to watch him?

xxx

It's really good that you a persevering with it. It really is hard work but getting those extra cuddles makes it worth it xx

Aww Sunnyb I have only just seem this - bless you!

I am glad things are settling off now tho it's tough in the first few days let alone with an infection and all the soreness you have/are having!

Congratulations to Joseph on passing his grading! He must be so proud! I take it you got to watch him?

xxx

Thanks Miss x
Yes I got to attend his grading & he was so happy to get his new belt! We got a gorgeous picture too.
Holly went from 11pm until 3.30am between feeds last night! I'm not expecting that every night (though it'd be lovely if she did :lol:)
So today I feel less than half dead which is positive!!
Hope you & Georgia are doing well. I think we're both lucky that we have older children that don't seem to show any signs of jealousy (yet).

Feeling a bit apprehensive about going it alone when hubby goes back to work, cos he's been such a big help. But makes me truly take my hat of to all the single mums out there (or dads for that matter).

Sunnyb xxx

glad she's doing so well,and you too xxx

Awww glad you got to go and I am over the moon for Joseph - I know how excited and proud Mitchell is when he passes another Kickboxing belt!

Totally agree about being lucky with the age difference Mitchell has been fab with Georgia and it sounds like your little man has been fab with Holly.

I was only thinking today I don't know how I am going to get anything done one OH goes back to work too lol he has been so fab and has looked after us so well and I feel so lucky. Makes me wonder how I ever coped with Mitchell as his father was useless and would not even hold him let alone help out around the house!

Well done on the sleep! Georgie is going anywhere between 3-5 hours (5 hours is amazingly good sleep but does not happen a lot!) Xxx

I was told to hand express a bit off boobs when they were hard and full to make them softer so G could latch better. Savoy cabbage - stick one in the fridge and then stick the leaves down your bra, sounds ridiculous but feels AMAZING on those hot boobs.

I can vouch for that amazing! Hope things are getting better x

Glad it sounds as though things are getting better for you gradually xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back