• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I feel like a failure :(

What a great idea, your own ready meals :D :cheer: Thank you!!!

I tend to cook most of James' food from scratch and it's really not that difficult or time consuming. I've found the Anabel Karmel books helpful or else I'd just be feeding him the same thing every day! (and we eat it too!) One of his big faves is chicken with couscous and it only takes about 10 mins to make (and it freezes so I just shove it in the freezer and it means there's always something in there!). I also echo Valentine's point about the yoghurt. I used to feed him petit filous and looked at the ingredients and it's bogging with sugar. You could also stir fruit puree into plain yoghurt - tastes sweet but less processed sugar!

hey hun... how tall are you and your partner? the reason i ask this is because charlotte my daughter who is 6 weighed 5 stone 5 lb.. if you look at any percentile chart for her age she is like 97% we were refured to a dietition and she weighed measured her height then took mine and her dads height into consideration and she is well within the average for her height. she is 96% for the height for her age and 97% for her weight..charlotte was always heavier than her height on the charts.. on her 2 year check the health visitor thought her scales was broke coz she weighed to much..

I don't think the meals she has had are bad but can I ask what size portion does she have?
Does she have a great appetite? Some times you can feed them the healthiest of food but if their portion size is large then they will gain weight!
Im sure your daughter is fine and you have by no way failed her! :hug: :hug: :hug:

lisa&alex - me and her dad are both about 5'8ish. Her height and weight used to match all the time on the centile charts but now her weight is above them lines that go through the middle of the chart. I have alwasy been worried about her weight but I listened to everyone for so long, even the health visitor who told me she's overweight used to tell me she will grow out of it, I just listened to people for so long and it's become a problem now because she isn't growing out of it.

Lea M - Her portion sizes arent big, I make sure I don't pile her plate because I know she would sit and devour the lot, so yes she has a big appetite but I don't let her eat a huge meal, unless she's having a sunday dinner where she's got alot of veggies... :think:

Thanks to some recipes and thanks to you all I managed do some shopping and got loads of great things in, OH cooked himself and DD some home made chicken dippers last night and dips to go with them, I also made her a healthy pizza yesterday. She was asking me for lunch so I sliced a wholemeal pitta bread around the edge so I got 2 halvs, spread some tomato puree on there and a sprinkle of cheese, grilled it and it's a little pizza, it was gorgeous too!! I even called my sister and got her on them :lol: Home made cottage pie tonight me thinks!! :cheer:

Jade89 said:
Thanks to some recipes and thanks to you all I managed do some shopping and got loads of great things in, OH cooked himself and DD some home made chicken dippers last night and dips to go with them, I also made her a healthy pizza yesterday. She was asking me for lunch so I sliced a wholemeal pitta bread around the edge so I got 2 halvs, spread some tomato puree on there and a sprinkle of cheese, grilled it and it's a little pizza, it was gorgeous too!! I even called my sister and got her on them :lol: Home made cottage pie tonight me thinks!! :cheer:

Aw Jade, you're doing brilliantly! I'm really proud of you! Well done!

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back