Feeling ill and guilty

VikkiR

Reaction score
I hate being pregnant. I feel truly awful for saying it. I am 16 weeks and have been throwing up at least 3 times a day for the past 10 weeks. I have had a throbbing headache for 2 days and want to headbang the wall when I throw up as it makes me feel like my brain is bleeding. I throw up when I take paracetamol. If I have to walk more than 100 yrds my bump hurts underneath and I feel sick, or I vomit in the street. My back has started to twinge even at rest. I walk upstairs and I vomit, I eat something plain, I vomit. I smell a smell, I vomit. I am sick when I brush my teeth and was vomiting whilst taking a bath this morning. I have had to cancel a trip to Paris that was for next week, non refundable expensive flights, the whinge goes on. When will it ever end. I cannot do my job, I struggle to function. I am amazed at how this pregnancy has flawed me. 99% of my time at home is spent in bed, fighting not to be sick and supporting my huge bump. I have tried 2 lots of anti sickness meds, both have made me vomit. I am not carrying twins, I do have PCOS and IBS. This is my second pregnancy, I miscarried the first. It wasn't too much to hope for an easy-ish pregnancy was it?:wall2:
Sorry for the whinge, can anyone please tell me it will be over soon :fib:

Last edited:
Oh bless you xxxxxxx hope you feel better soon xxxxxxxx

Aaaww i totally understand how ill youre feeling. I was the same as you on the sickness side of things and i think im starting with SPD, but it will ease off i promise. When your little one starts moving around and it all seems more real you forget how crap youve been xx

Awww hunni I know its awful, Iv been the same since 4 weeks but the last week iv been sooo much better, I still vomit in the morning and maybe once during the day but loads better than I was and the nausea isnt as bad either so hopefully you will pick up a bit in the next few weeks too, My consultant at my 12 week app said most people who are that sick dont get a let up till close to 20 weeks so hopefully you will too :)

Dont feel guilty about hating pregnancy i cursed the whole thing for the last few months and baby cant pick up on it so its ok xxx

i feel sick a lot and puke fairly often. if its that bad hun go the docs and get anti sickness pills

Ive also had an awful pregnancy in my eyes. I was sick from 6 weeks all the way up to 20 something weeks with only a couple of weeks break in between (whilst I was away from home weirdly enough). I used to have to hold my breath when I got in my car because the smell made me sick and try and get the window open as quick as possible and quite a few times I had to struggle to unlock all the house to make it to the toilet in time :(. Some days I would be sick over 9 times and spend most of the day just moving backwards and forwards from my bed to the bathroom :(!

Try and do a countdown! This helped me even if I did keep going past my targets lol. When I started being sick I set my guideline to stopping being poorly at 15 weeks and each time I just thought "only so many days left of this to go". Then when it didnt stop at 15 I carried it on to 20 weeks and did the same again. Just seeing the bright side of it really helped to get through it. At 7 weeks I went to the doctor for anti-sickness tablets but they made me worse and I had a reaction to them so I instantly stopped using them and just thought that so many other women have managed through the centuries with no medicine so Im sure I can do the same.

Another thing that helped me every time I was sick was that I made sure I took my phone with me and I played music whilst I was being sick. Weird I know but I found it strangely comforting with the added noise instead of just listening to myself wretching. It also helped to get through the sickness as it never seemed to take as long being sick when music was being played :).

Adding to it all, I know its hard work but try and keep your brain occupied on the days that you feel absolutely poo! I had days where I literally didnt want to get out of bed because I worried about the inconvenience of being sick whilst trying to go somewhere, so instead I kept myself busy within the house because if I just lay there or sat around all I could think about was how sick I felt and Im sure this made me sicker but while I was busy I majority of the time managed to forget just how rubbish I felt. OH nagged me constantly about being more motivated and even though it grated on me at the time I look back now and realise that he was actually talking sense.

Big hugs to you! I know how horrible it is and you will get through it!!! xxxxx

Dont feel bad to say all that! I felt and sometimes still do feel exactly the same, that is why i created my blog, to vent it off but also give others the facts of how awful it can be!!!
I was totally unprepared for HOW AWFUL it can be, as most women seem to appear like they cope, and go on about it being the best feeling in the world- yeah right lol now i see why they lie lol

Oh you poor thing, I really do feel for you. The only thing that took the sick feeling away for me was apples but it sounds like you are in a very different stage (as I only had nausea) and i'm sure you have tired everything already. Might sound a bit airy fairy but what about some hypnotherapy? I'm doing the natal hypnobirthing cd's and it does make me feel calmer and I know they do one for morning sickness? I know if I was you i'd want to try everything possible? At 16 weeks there's a really good chance it will disappear! Fingers crossed for you and hope you can start to enjoy your pregnancy.

Keep us posted. xxxxx

aw you poor thing i cant even begin to imagine how you feel i have been so lucky. X i hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy being pregnant

Aww thank you everybody. I have had to change my working hours as of today, I have switched to part time, although I didn't want to have to afford it. Apples are good out of the fridge as they seem to be more juicy as I am struggling to drink enough fluid, I am always thirsty and throw up if I drink what my body thinks is too much. I have wanted a child for 20 years and don't want to appear ungrateful, hence the guilt. I have never felt so old and impotent in my life. Your kind words have really helped, thank you :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aww hugs... it sucks doesn't it- i honestly don't know how people have so many children because this is my first and it will be a long time untill i want to go through all this again!!
I have had bad sickness from about 6 weeks up untill about 20ish weeks... i have a energetic job which makes me down because sometimes i feel like im draggin my feet im so tired. I am only just now starting to get on with the baby and be happy about the whle situation, the baby kicking and moving really has made me more maternal. I actually didn't like the baby during my first trimester and felt really bad about it... we where only trying a year but i felt guilty too! trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel xx

Aww hun. Really hope you feel better soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back