Sickness. Really worried!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls! I just wonder how many of you have been sick in the beginning of the 2nd trimester?
I was feeling sick all the time through my 1st and I really hoped that it will stop by now, but still, every afternoon I vomit. :wall: It is fine in the first half of the day, but then, after 3pm it starts: feeling sick and weak, trying to keep everything down and then I have to rush to the loo! :oops: And then I feel just fine. I am just worried, is it still a pregnancy sicness or is my stomach so used to throw up, that now it happens automatically?

my all day sickness (nausea but not vomiting) improved by about 13 weeks but i still felt sick at night for a couple of weeks afterwards. I think it is normal for some people to still be sick at your stage

x

Hi Carina,

I felt rubbish until about week 19/20 and was sick again today too. I was a bit different from you - I was always sick in the morning and it usually meant bringing up bile and water or retching as I had nothing in my stomach and the weirdest things would set it off, like the smell of my shower gel! The only thing that made me better was eating something! I felt nauseous all morning every morning from about week 7.

I'm sorry if that's not good news, I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I know that one of the members of this forum (Cloud9) has been really sick throughout her pregnancy, I'm so glad I've got a bit better now. It isn't really anything to worry about though, unless you can't keep anything down (even water) as then you will become dehydrated - as far as I have read, the baby will take everything it needs from what you do manage to keep down.

I really hope you start to feel better soon.

Love

Valentine xxx

Thank you Nikkif and Valentine :hug: :hug: :hug:

I started to get really worried that the baby doesnt get enought stuff. But, hopefully, as I am able to eat almoust anything in the first half of the day, my body gets everything I need out of it :)

Good to know that I am not alone :dance:

xxx
Carina

13weeks and u still getting it :O

mine stopped after 12weeks 2days, except i cant drink tea in morn else i feel icky

i was sick up to at least 20 weeks, try not to worry about it. it might be some food inparticular that is making it happen? try and keep a food diary and see if there is a link.... and if youre worried about baby getting enough- take multi vitamins- this is a good idea throughout pregnancy to make sure youre getting all your vitamins!!

lisa xx

enn: yep :wall: And, actually, its 14 weeks, which doesnt make it easier :(
lisa: I tryed to watch what I eat, and in the beginning I thought it is strawberries, then tomatoes, then milk...Eventually got to conclusion that its almoust anything! I don't feel sick before eating or while I am eating, but after a while-bang! And here we go again :? So I just try to eat everything I want at that moment and hope that something stays in :)
Good things sickness comes just in the afternoon, not all day as it was before :angel:

I really feel for anyone who suffers morning
sickness, especially if it carrys on through the rest of the pregnancy,
my sister was the same the whole nine 9 months, ended up staying in hospital
because of it, she had it severe though and the baby wasnt growing
as it should..

Im lucky because this is my 3rd pregnancy and i havent suffered with sickness at all with any pregnancy..

Hope you girls feel better soon :hug:

It could be hyperemesis. I'm still throwing up regularly. When it gets realy bad I get injections of anti-emetics from the doctor. They can give you stemetil tablets but I didn't find these much use. Check out this website http://www.hyperemesis.org.uk/ as it has lots of info on HG.

Best of luck with it and hope you feel better soon.

Hi

Poor you :hug: hoepfully it will stop very soon, some dont stop till closer to their third tri.
Katrina

sorry you are still throwing up it sucks....just wanted to let you know despite me throwing up 2/3 times a day through pregnancy they now think my baby will be about 7 1/2 Lbs so it hasn't affected his growth..It is only really if you are not keeping fluids down they start getting worried. I have took pregnancy multi vits all the way through to help with baby's nutrition .

Don't think though because it hasn't stopped yet it won't there are a few ladies i remember that stopped later than you.

I'm sorry your still suffering. I think the whole sickness thing varies with people, I felt a little nauseaus in T1 but it soon faded (never physically sick etc) but my friend who's now 31 weeks pregnant is as sick today as she was in early stages of T1. Mind you she was the same with her first baby too. I hope things ease up for you soon.

Thank you ALL girls for support and advise :)
I feel really fortunate to find this forum, becourse on some other ones people are just being rude or incompetent and trying to make jokes of how and what you feel (I am pretty sure that lots of you saw forums like those).
Hopefully, there is nothing much wrong with me, and today I am feeling better (had a longish walk, and perhaps fresh air helps). I have my midwife appointment tomorrow, so I will ask what kind of vitamins will be best for me :D
I am the first one of my friends who is actually having a baby and it is my first baby, so, your help means really lots for me!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

you are most welcome.. i love this forum as well.. all the girls are really friendly
xx

I'm still getting the sickness occasionally, and it's just as powerful as the earlier trimester sickness. It's mainly when I'm travelling on the train, though I never usually get travel sickness so it can't be that. It gets better when I eat something, so it's probably some sort of blood sugar issue, but it does concern me.

leckershell: looks like it is pretty common :| Suppose we just need to wait till it gets better :) :hug:

Sounds like it could be low blood sugar. Try to have something to eat before you leave home in the mornings. Even a sweet biscuit would help.

If it continues you should mention it to your MW. They can do a quick blood test to see if it is low sugar :)

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back