Feeling hot, sick & UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Girls im ready to crack. Have been roasted all day like the rest of yous though was managing by staying in doors & fan on constant. Cant sleep tonite, between eating too much & the heat i feel soooo sick. Im not comfortable on the sofa, have breech baby so can feel a little hard head under my ribs. Im not comfortable lying down as heartburn & reflux plays up :mad: Feel thirsty but feel like the water is just sitting on top of all the food ive ate today & any more il be sick. So frustrated i cant get comfy or feel normal at all. Currently on my ball feeling v sorry for myself lol. Eeurghh!!

Im really struggling, how am i meant to last until 40 odd weeks?! I feel really sorry for all u full term & over due ladies at moment, yous must be so fed up cos i know i am! This pregnancy lark is hard bloody work!!!

Moan over lol x

Last edited:
Am feeling your.pain......I was so down yesterday being stuck.at home. Didnt know.what to do with myself.
I keep getting Braxton hicks. Have had headcold dincet.wed.last week.i wake every few hours snotty. Heartburn. Wee.
Ifs 6am and wide. Awake again so much for resting before baby arrives.
I waw.asked in homebase yesterday if I was a.week overdue!!!

Hugs hun, sounds bloody uncomfortable!

My biggest gripe at the mo is the nausea :-(

Hope you managed to get some rest

Xx

I know what you mean, how we going to make it till 40 weeks if it's this uncomfortable already? I was Soooo hot in bed last night, even with the fan on. My feet have been 'ok' till now but suddenly they were on fire! It took me hours to get to sleep.
This weather is here for min two weeks as well. I could cry!

Lots of sympathy from me.

Got to manage 12 more days of work in this heat, in a school, it feels like a huge mountain to climb!

Xx

Someone told me yesterday this is supposed to be the best summer in 7 years.

Bloody typical.

Xx

Great.....I love. Summee usually but have been under brolly or in house...mind u be.nice when we can push bubs in buggy I live by sea so hoping its.same mid august

It is the first time since 2006 we've had a hot spell for more than a week or something, just shows how poor the last few have been. I predicted this as soon as I got pregnant! I promised everyone a heatwave!!

X

Aww Hun hope u managed to get some rest. I couldn't cool down last night, had the coolest shower and still ended up all sticky after about ten mins. It's nice to have the sunshine but I wish it was just a bit cooler at night. I had the fan on all night and even oh was glad I'd requested it, he usually can't sleep with any kind of noise in the room but that fan was a godsend last night. I still woke up a few times but each time I did, I was a bit cooler than the last!
For saying I'm 40 weeks this week I'm actually feeling really well, everyone's saying to me "oh you must be really struggling" but I'm really ok, I do love the sun tho and can sit in it and just melt, so sy cream and cold drinks at the ready, time to bronze this bump! X

It's horrible isn't it?

I coped alright during the day, my husband pointed at my feet last night...they were like balloons!! Oops. Not really suffered with swollen feet this pregnancy (or the last), so the heat must really be playing a part.

Last night was horrendous for me. So so hot and sweaty. Got a fan, but it would reach the drawers so was on the floor which was useless so will find an extension for tonight!

I'm absolutely knackered now.

Off shopping today...need some flip flops or something to wear at work...there's no way I can survive in boots now!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

The sun has come at the wrong time for us all lol!!

Lets all stick together and have a good MOAN :) :)

Xx

It is very hot and sticky, I love the sun normally but I can't manage more than 5 minutes in it at the moment! At least we know because it is England the heat won't last!

Im loving the sun. But a bit gutted that I sit out there for 10 minutes and have to come back in for a while lol.

Worst bit is night time. We have oir fan on all night but, its still too hot..
Last night the fan was blowing al over my legs but thay didnt seem to help at all!

Nevermind. Hopefully only 5 weeks to go! No more please :)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Aw thanks ladies, knew yous would understand & sympathise with me. Looks like everyones suffering the same! I managed to get to sleep despite having a big fan full blast in my face, couldnt of slept without it though, thank god for argos ! lol. Really tired this morning, could easily of slept on & enjoy having bed to myself but i have to go shopping & meet my oh in town. Not looking forward to shopping in that heat, i will be a big sweaty slippery mess with hayfever, sliding around in my sandels with sneezes & snot flying....attractive! lol But has to be done, need to return stuff before the receipt time runs out. So hitting primark for rest of hosp bag bits, although i can see the attraction of labouring naked if its this weather lol. Wish me luck & hope yous girls stay cool in the shade xxxx

I've been lying on top of the covers with the fan on full blast and my poor oh has been hiding under the duvet lol

My OH the same under the summer duvet while I am without covers and a tower fan blowing on me that kinda keeps us both awake with the noise would love air con. I hate this weather not pregnant. I don't mind it aroun 18-20 but 26-28 too hot. My feet are like balloons and feel just horrible.

I feel your pain. I have literally done nothing today. Didn't manage to get to sleep till 3:30am, then woke again at 6am. Finally managed to get back to sleep at 8am tlll 11am. Seems I'm spending my maternity leave catching up on the sleep I don't get at night time.

I'm currently lying on the sofa with a fan moving from my head to my feet. My feet are so swollen and seem to have become really sweaty (gross I know) which in turn is making them itch, so I'm fanning them in an effort to cool them down and stop the uncontrollable itching.

A few colleagues and friends all expressed sympathy when I told them I was due in August. That was back in January. It's only now I get what they were hinting at!

Big hugs huni could have written a very similar post myself yesterday. Big hugs x

I'm currently lying on the sofa with a fan moving from my head to my feet. My feet are so swollen and seem to have become really sweaty (gross I know) which in turn is making them itch, so I'm fanning them in an effort to cool them down and stop the uncontrollable itching.

I get this! Its very odd but I have actually been getting sweaty feet! Of all the places eh! Which, as you say, make them itch and then they are swollen too.
Not fun xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back