Feeling guilty - how much activity?

loz

Reaction score
How much playing and activity do you do with a relatively newborn baby?

Whenever Emms is awake, I feel that I should be playing with her, using her bouncy chair, toys, music, taking her out and using her playmat. I do some of that every day, but sometimes I just need a break and let her lie in her cot, doing her own thing with toys looking over the top of the moses basket. Does this make me a bad mum? I am bathing her in the evenings and taking her out in the day etc but keep thinking that I'm not doing enough.

:hug: Don't be silly you are not a bad mum.
I do all the same things that you do. Sam loves his vibrating bouncy chair and if I need 5 minutes break I put him in there to entertain himself just so I can have a little time out too, I am sure he gets fed up of seeing my ugly mug watching him all the time!

mine is same age as yours -

i mostly get on with what i need to do and let her sleep if she's sleeping, feed/change her if she's crying, and bounce her around/ wave things at her if she seems to need entertaining...theres a limit to how much they can play at this age!

But on a similar line I feel a bit incompetent at talking baby talk to her - when older relatives have seen her they immediately start goo-goo-ga ga-ing baby talk at her and i think oh dear :? :? theyre much better at that than me :think:

i think when she reacts more to me it will come more naturally

I let Jacob entertain himself quite a lot tbh and always have. I think it's good to let them learn how to keep themselves occupied so that they don't want your full attention ALL the time.

I still make time for Jacob and play with him lots during the day but when I need to do something in the house it means I can without him stressing out :D

I felt the same a few weeks ago, but recently she has started to really respond and I do all sorts of silly voices and faces to get those gorgeous smiles! :lol: I didnt think it would come very naturally but when its just eva and me i dont care how stupid i sound!
I also leave her to amuse herself for a while each day with the cot mobile going while i have a shower and get some jobs done, i dont think thats bad, dont beat yourself up! :hug:

Thanks - I dont know why I am getting so stressed about everything - I just want to do my best and give her the best start in life, but feel like I can never do enough! :wall: Hopefully I'll start to chill out soon and not worry so much!! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back