feeling guilty and worried i'll be a bad mum!!

annem

Reaction score
i went to my friends yesterday and i've really got my preg head on at the mo, i'm in my own world completely!

I went into her fridge and got a can of coke and i drank half of it before i remembered i should not drink it :oops: (i don't even like the stuff!!)

Baby was up for hours jumping about (she's not used to caffeine!!) I feel so bad for her!!

To make matters worse my friend has a 1year old and she said can you pass her a drink. I just gave her my can of coke not the bottle next to me and she just turned it upside down all over me!! :oops:

I used to look after 1-3year olds so i know what i did was silly. Please tell me my memory will come back soon or i'll be a bad mum :(

You wont be a bad mum - pregger brain has a lot to answer for :hug: :hug: Im always doing stupid things. Anyway a small amount of caffine is totally harmless!

If you get the Sanatogen pregnancy suppliments it says on the back of their info leaflet that the baby uses the long chain fatty acids from a mothers brain to help develop their brain, which is why we should eat more Omega 3 during our pregnancy... I think that's a pretty good excuse for preggo brain (sounds scientific to the men too).... well that's going to be my excuse... :rotfl:

Don't worry hun...It's the sign of all good first time mothers to be, when they worry they won't be good at being a mum, and all mothers feel like that at some point. You will make mistakes... that's part and parcel of being a mum, but you'll do just fine... promise.. :hug: :hug: :hug:

And the whole caffine thing....my mum used to give me cups of very milky tea with THREE sugars in it from when I was 6 months old, because it soothed me... And I was fine...I'm slightly addicted to tea now, but it doesn't harm me in any way...

I given my daughter cups of milky tea since she was 2 and it really does soothe her when she's had an owie or is feeling a little down...

So I can't see why having the odd can of coke would be much of a problem... I kinda avoid (but she does have it) giving to my daughter, but only because she can talk for England, Spain and the whole of Europe, and well coke puts her on fast forward... :rotfl:

But as long as you are not drinking 20 cans a day....that one off surely wouldn't have done any damage.

g!! as soon as i read half way down ur post.. i though annems deffo having a girl lol...heres the thing ok.. women how are carryign girls are a bit crazy at time.. u have more girl hormones in u than usual that make you have silly thoughts and feelings.. such as dumping ur boyfriend coz they farted in bed..coz they left lid off toothpaste etc..

i drink a big bottle of diet coke at least every 2 days.. midwife said cokes fine.. just dont go ott with coffee..listen hun.. i washed my hair with fanny wash yesterday.. thats worse than having half a can of coke and wearing the rest.. dw..

I drink coke at least every couple of days! dont worry about it. Im so forgetful to at the moment. ill be watching a program and the adverts will come on and i actually cant remeber what program im watching till the adverts finish!

thanks you've all made me feel alot better!! think the hormones are getting to me a bit at the mo!! :D

you'll be a great mum don't worry :hug: :hug:

I left Paris in asda toilets the other day :roll:

Babylicious said:
you'll be a great mum don't worry :hug: :hug:

I left Paris in asda toilets the other day :roll:

arr!!!! your suffering too!! oh yeah what happens when your preg and already have children!

I'll be a nightmare!! i guess you wash your hair with fem wash like lisa and alex and do leave your children behind!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: I've done loads of stupid stuff, went to put iron bru down the toilet last week

:rotfl: :rotfl: makes me feel better that i'm not the only 1 going mad!!

Babylicious said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: I've done loads of stupid stuff, went to put iron bru down the toilet last week
btw.. alex doesnt.. its jsut me lol

btw.. alex doesnt.. its jsut me lol[/quote]

you don't have to point out all my mistakes!! :rotfl: :rotfl: then again you don't have all day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back