• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FEELING FLABBY!!!

Valley Girl

Reaction score
I feel SO fat, SO unattractive, SO lazy! Is anyone else feeling like this? I was a size sixteen before I got pregnant and now I just feel like a giant flab ball.

Sometimes it gets me down so much I just cry about it. And because I feel so bad I can't be bothered to make an effort and so the spiral goes on.

I can't really afford nice maternity clothes, so I've been buying clothes in BIG sizes and I think that just makes me feel worse.

TELL ME I'M NOT ALONE!!!!

:( :( :(

your not alone.. but i gotta say there are cheap maternity clothes about.. have u tried newlook? i think they r pretty reasonable...and if you cant treat and pamper urself at this special time when can u eh?? have a nice bath with some candles and loads of bubble bath.. nice relax.. im sure you will feel better after...xxx

Your not alone hunny.... I feel flabby and lazy too. Not only do I still look like I just have a big fat beer belly, not a pregnancy one, but I was made redundant when I was 8 weeks pregnant and no one wants to hire me...because I'm pregnant. I can't afford maternity clothes either so have been slouching around in larger sizes. I don't know about you but my complextion is really crappy atm and I have spots everywhere...

What made me feel better today though was that I brought a really sweet baby out fit (the first one) and it really made it seem more real and that all this fat/ugly/lazy cr*p is really worth something. :D

Also I always make an effort with my makeup.... If I can't feel good the least I can do is have my face look good...and on the days I don't....PJs and being a recluse for the day seem to help a bit.

i really do not think it matters what size you started at!! i was an 8 and i'm finding it hard to feel good. My hair is terrible and nothing fits me.

i'm not working much but i have been picking up cheap maternity clothes from h&m and EBAY!! ebay is amazing for cheap maternity stuff, not that i want all of you outbidding me!!

we just have to remember its all for a good reason!! just feed yourself all the baby needs. also they say excercise is good as it helps with the birth too (i'm a lazy cow so i'm noone to give advise!!). But seriously a 20min walk a day does make you feel better, the air really helps. I'm worse if i'm in the house all day.

I feel fat and sluggish too, and I hate that nothing fits!

You are not alone babes. xxx

I don't have many maternity clothes either as I find that they are too expensive or they are too long or won't stay up. I wear velvet tracksuit bottoms and streatchy waistband trousers. I also wear T - Shirts and tunics for comfort.

I feel so unattractive but have accepted it now. Most of my weight is developing on my arms and legs, and the streach marks are starting there too. xxx

That answered your question!! We all feel the same. I feel like a beached whale and like Anne Marie have fat on my arms which I hate more than anything. And my boobs are HUGE so much bigger than my bump. So I guess we're all feeling it. Sorry Squiglet that you've been made redundant. That's really crap timing.
s

I feel the same too but just this morning something changed in my head :? Not sure if it's because i'm another year older and wiser today or what :lol: but I don't care if I look fat and podgie at the moment... i'm carrying the most precious gift I could be given. We are all very lucky to be pregnant, there are so many other women out there who would give anything to be!

Try and keep your chin up hun, you wont feel like this forever and at the end of the day you are making your gorgeous little baby :D It will be well worth it :wink:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I get married on Saturday and despite trying to be really good so I dont gain too much weight so I still fit into my dress, I feel HUGE! My boobs are ginormous and I feel sooo self concious about them. Doesnt help that all of my bridesmaids are super slim! Im gonna look like a beached whale beside them! I think I will be the only bride hiding behind everyone in the photographs!! Its really hard for women to accept weight gain cos we are always told its a negative things, so its natural for us to feel unhappy as we get bigger but we have to remember its all for a good cause and will hopefully help us to have healthy, happy babies. I wonder if I will be thinking that when squeezing into my wedding dress on Saturday morning???!!! I doubt it!!!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back