Feeling weird - Help!

Miracle babe

Reaction score
I decided to go to B & Q this morning as I wanted to get a few things for the garden. On the drive over I noticed that my vision was somewhat impaired, blurry and sparkly. I tried rubbing my eyes but it didnt go away. I got a trolley and went inside the store, my vision got progressivly worse until I could barely see anything and ended up having to phone my hubby as I was really panicing. He came quickly and I sat in the car in tears. Crying seemed to help clear my vision a bit but now I'm at home I still feel very strange, my head feels foggy and I have numbness and tingling in my left hand. Has anyone got any idea what caused this, have experienced something similar or have any suggestions about what I should do? I'm very worried and still feeling very strange.
xxx
Stace 22w2d

Hi hun do u suffer from low blood preasure?

it could be that as when i was pg with colby i used to have the smae symptoms only i would blackout, worst case was when i blacked out in the kitchen and banged my head of the sink only splitting it open and having a slight fracture.

The docs said the only thing i could do was rest plenty and when standing do it slowly and never to sleep flat on my back.

Hope it gets better soon tc xxxxxx

It could be your blood pressure. You maybe should phone the nhs direct and they could get a midwife to check you over.
You need to rest.

i get blurry vision sometimes at work but it always seems to go after a bit

weestar21 said:
Hi hun do u suffer from low blood preasure?

it could be that as when i was pg with colby i used to have the smae symptoms only i would blackout, worst case was when i blacked out in the kitchen and banged my head of the sink only splitting it open and having a slight fracture.

The docs said the only thing i could do was rest plenty and when standing do it slowly and never to sleep flat on my back.

Hope it gets better soon tc xxxxxx

Thanks so much for replying hun. I've NEVER had a problem with blood pressure and whenever I've been to the midwife its been fine. My hubby seems to think it might be blood pressure but I cant find any info about it on the net with regard to pregnancy.
Not sure whether I should phone the midwife or not.

i would just to be on the safe side?
dont want you worrying yourself but it better to be checked over let us know what hapens
xx

i think you should, try eating more sugars aswell during the day, every 4 hours or so...

As the others said, please phone the midwife, if only to put your own mind at rest. Hope you feel better xx

Can't get a reply from my midwives :( Don't know what else to do with it being a bank holiday

at our hospital their is a day care centre for pregnant mums, you should have all the numbers in your care plan surely someone will at least give u a direct number for a local midwife, phone the labour ward that u have to deliver in they will tell u best what to do

y not try phoning your doctor and describing what has happening, sometimes they will let you come down to the surgery and see another midwife, they let me do it all the time:)

docs wont be open today, unless she rings nhs 24 she wont get a doc

the hospital here has a kind of walk in clinic for weekends, I was sent there through nhs direct. best bet is to ring them, the number is 0845 4647.

ring your midwife straight away, dont want to worry you but sparkly eyes and high blood presure is a sign of pre-eclampsia.... I only know this as i have high BP and the midwife has said if i get any further systems call the hospital straight away.

hope you feel better, love keely xxxxx

i was going to saythat too but didnt want to frighten her oooops maybe i should have said something hopefully she will get to see someone very soon to put her mind at rest

Sounds rather worring escepiacally if your feeling like this while driving or even the just doing stuff around the house - god forbide should you pass out as well! I've not had any of these sympotms but if they don't seem to be getting better then I've definately call the NHS number as recommend by others or alternatively I'd probably just go down to A&E - my favourite place! I've decided that I won't sit there and worry any more while I'm pregnant so if somethings not right I'm of down to the A&E (thankfully I've only gone twice during my pregnancy - I'm not a complete hypochondriac, as yet!) :wink:

oh i am a complete hypocondriac, i get my midwife on the phone for stuff that sounds really silly but its better to be safe than sorry:) thats what i say!

Thanks so much girls. I took your advice and phoned the NHS and they insisted on seeing me asap so the hubby took me to the local hospital. I was seen immediately and they think it was a dip in my blood pressure as several of you ladies suggested. They gave me a thorough check over and although my BP was slightly low it was nothing to cause concern, although the hubby had made me have a sweet drink and lie down before we went so that probably helped. Thank you so much I was really freaking out earlier and honestly didnt know where to turn, its so lovely knowing that I could come here and get the advice and support that I needed. Will be taking it a lot easier from now on.
xxxxxxxxxxx
Stace

Reading all the posts, everyone is right def get checked out and let us no how you are....... and wot the prob is.

Ive been bit light headed in the mornings and when i get up to quick. But i dont have any advice bout h/lbp.

Just hope everything is ok.

snowbunny X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back