BP?

sarafet

Reaction score
hi girlies!!

was wondering what others blood pressure is usually around?

last week i was sent home from work because i felt faint and my vision went really blurry, i started sweating etc.

i went to m/w and everything was fine except my bp was 140/80.

is this an average result whilst pregnant? i'm going back on wednesday to keep an eye on things..

thankyoooo!!

sarah xxx

:wave: hi hun

sorry to hear you felt poorly :hug: :hug:

my bp was around that a few weeks ago, but came down to 114/73 last week. The midwife said she wanted to keep and eye on it when it was slightly raised as its usually 120/60 for me.

xx

140 is a bit in the high side, but not enough to worry overly atm, 80 is ok :)

It can vary so don't worry too much. Mine hasn't really changed much, usually somewhere between 120/80, 120/70, down to 110/65

Maybe this page will shed some light on readings.

But really, don't panic too much. Chances are, had you sat for 20 minutes and your MW had taken it again it would have gone down. When mine was a bit higher than usual my GP wasn't worried and said it would probably lower if I was given a bit of time to settle.

As you are going back on Wednesday you will have it taken again and will see if its settled down. If it gets higher then it may mean some keeping an eye on, but if its gone down a bit they probably won't worry too much.

Sorry you've been feeling poorly hun :hug:

I don't think mine has changed much since being pg but my average is around 120/70. However the times when I have been upset/worried before they have taken my bp it has come out on the high side.

I'm sure fainting etc is associated with low bp :think:

I'm sure it will right itself before your next appointment... Try not to worry :hug:

I get faint due to my low bp - around 100/54 normally!
Stressful situations put your bp up

xxx

My BP was 150/87 yesterday. They said it's high for me and borderline. So gonna keep an eye on it. I did have an extremely stressful weekend though.

I think there is no set answer for bp. I think they judge it by what you normally are. Then they work from there. This is because we all differ.

Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back