Feeling down in the dumps

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Sorry girls I just need to vent.

3 of my friends had their babies around the time I got my BFP. 2 have had them in the last few weeks. And 4 are due in the next month! I know I've only got just over 10 weeks left til I'm due but I just really wish I had my little girl now. Maybe it shouldn't be getting to me so much but I've just been sat here looking at some pickies of my friends little boy who was born Thursday evening and I burst into tears. My mood and mindset keeps changing, every few minutes. One minute I'm ok and looking at the next few weeks as not being too long at all. But the next it seems so long and I want it to be sooner. Hormones playing up I guess. It doesn't help that I'm making myself feel guilty for resenting my friends for having their little ones when I'm still waiting!! I should be happy for them!

Im hoping I don't reach my due date. I want it to be a healthy time when she comes, but I don't want to wait that long :(

Sorry again... x

I felt the same way when my friend had her baby 5 weeks before I had Isla. She was due 29/09 but had him 22/09 I was due 31/10 so having him early made me feel even worse! I had Isla a few days early but I so wanted her out earlier. I bounced, walked etc doing anything I could.

Unfortunately babies come when they are ready :(

Just think you may have longer to wait to see your baby but it's so worth it. You'll get hand me downs and things from friends as you always get given things that you never use.

Good things come to those who wait xxxx

I kept thinking that too but when our babies are here it will of seemed like no time at all and all the attention will be on us as everyone elder babies will be old news. Just try to plan lots of stuff to keep you busy! You will be fine hun, don't think hormones help either. Chin up, our time will come (quicker than you think) xx

ah hun. i also know what you mean. its hard but time will soon fly by. i thought it was going to drag and now ive only 18 days. chin up hun. just text if you need to talk. xxx

I guess I am the only one due after the end of June and after that it's my friend who is currently only 10 weeks.... So there won't be loads of other people at the same time... That's a nice thought jut wish it would be sooner! lol x

Last edited:
Oh hun, it's so hard as a couple of my friends had babies in March & were early. I'm due next Monday & as my son was born 11 days late I have a feeling I'll be overdue this time too. The way I look at it is that patience is a virtue & you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy them once they're here. Try not to wish your pregnancy away, as that in itself could leave you feeling guilty. Just try to count each day down as being one more closer to meeting your baby & the longer they are cooked the better for them! Worse case you'll have a 14 day longer wait, which seems like ages & ask all the other over due mum to be's it is hard as you're large, uncomfy, irritable & impatient to meet them. But ask them how they feel knowing their baby has gone full term & is born a healthy weight, good size etc & they'll tell you it was all worth the wait. Hormones really do play horrible tricks on you, but you cannot make this baby arrive any earlier, so just try to learn to accept the fact that they will arrive when they are ready x

Sunnyb xxx

Ho god, I said I'd enjoy every day of being pregnant knowing u never get it bk n in retrospect it's such a small part of it babys journey, but gowd I'm fed up!!!!

I feel like ground hog day, I've got things I want to do n get on with n I just feel stuck on repeat! Can't do nothing with Lil lad proper, need sort out my self n appearance as I'm fed up bein blooming now. Want to paint my toe nails n lie on My belly! Go n get pissed or run up street, I want to get started in a routine with son n new baby!! Just fed up . Com is the word n I've still got 30 days left

Hope she comes early serious!

Ho god, I said I'd enjoy every day of being pregnant knowing u never get it bk n in retrospect it's such a small part of it babys journey, but gowd I'm fed up!!!!

I feel like ground hog day, I've got things I want to do n get on with n I just feel stuck on repeat! Can't do nothing with Lil lad proper, need sort out my self n appearance as I'm fed up bein blooming now. Want to paint my toe nails n lie on My belly! Go n get pissed or run up street, I want to get started in a routine with son n new baby!! Just fed up . Com is the word n I've still got 30 days left

Hope she comes early serious!

OMG I totally get you! I miss laying on my front, it's the ONLY way I used to be able to get to sleep and now I can't do it at all! I wanna go to the pub on payday for a chat nd a pint (ma mate owns the pub, I'm not a pisshead lol)! But more than all that... I just want her here..... x

Believe me I have every reason to feel pissed off too. I have been very anaemic (needed intravenous iron at hospital) & felt tired the whole pregnancy, suffered morning sickness from week 5 to week 22, have a trapped nerve in my back, can't lay on my stomach to sleep, have been constipated due to iron tablets which have in turn caused piles, had constant heartburn & still had to soldier on as I have a little boy to look after too. Everyone would love their baby to be on time or a little early. But as I learned last time, nothing will bring your baby here any sooner, did the raspberry leaf tea, pineapple, walking, curry, sex, clary sage etc. Nothing was going to make my boy arrive early! I got sooooo stressed & upset last time & actually felt better in pregnancy last time. But I've just accepted what will be will be this time & am trying to remain positive (hence previous post).
Try to stay positive & just think how fantastic laying/sleeping on your stomach will be x

Sunnyb xxx

Hun im 11 days overdue now so i know how you feel!!!! Everyone seems to have had theirs and im still waiting. All i would say is please dont expect to go before your due date - i did and its made it so much more upsetting getting so overdue! I wish i had just expected to go overdue in the first place xx

I just wantedd to say I felt exactly the same as you; my friend had her little girl last week, and although I was happy for her, I felt so upset! I can't explain why at all! I guess its wanting to feel how she must of felt that day: overjoyed, relieved, elated, to see babys face, hear her cry etc. Also I felt a bit like that fat one left behind, knowing that she can ccrack on with getting fit again 10 weeks ahead of me.

I look awful at the moment, hair is dry, spots everywhere, fat, swollen, bad hayfever isn't helping: red eyes, running noose, sneezing all the time... I just want her here safe and well, and I'd quite like to feel well too now :( hope your feeling a bit brighter today hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back