feeling bad.

sarafet

Reaction score
as some of you know, i started my new job recently, finished my training last week and am now in the call centre.

yesterday i didn't feel good, so took a day off, today i went in but ended up getting sent home. i was getting hot and cold flushes and hadn't stopped from getting in the door in the morning. because i was so busy i forgot to put my hours for this week through on time, so now i don't get paid this week :( it was really stressful, calls kept coming through one after the other and i was getting so stressed out :(

i ended up on my break in tears to my oh who came and picked me up and took me home.

i feel like such an idiot now, everyone probably thinks i'm skiving :( also when i go in tomorrow it's going to be the same, the job is really challenging and stressful :( finally - we really needed the money this week, OH has to get car tax etc, so going to have to borrow money from my parents or something now :(

i know this job isn't what i'll be doing forever, i just really want to stick it out for a few months for the extra money.

it's just been one of those days i think :(

sarah xxx

First of all, have some :hug: as it sounds like you need them.

Secondly, this kind of reaction to stress is TOTALLY normal when you are pregnant. Several of us on here have burst into tears at work in situations which normally wouldn't worry us in the slightest! Hormones are funny things and I think it's your body's way of telling you to take it easy and avoid stressful situations.

The job does sound like you're under quite a bit of pressure. I know you only started recently (which won't be helping matters). If you really do feel you need to continue (for financial reasons or whatever) then try to take it literally one day at a time and don't think ahead to tomorrow. Avoid stress as much as possible and if things do get stressful try to let it wash over you. As a committed stresspot I can tell you that this technique really does work - I have kids yelling at me, I'm teaching all day, but internally I'm LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I LOVE MY BABY NOTHING ELSE MATTERS LA LA LA YOU CAN ALL F@!£&%!£ OFF!

And remember that your baby comes first. Above work, above money, above anything, so if you really don't feel up to work, don't go.

PM me if you need to hun and I hope you feel better soon. I've been there and it's not pleasant :hug:

thanks so much rebecca, you're got it spot on with the bursting into tears business, OH thought there was something really REALLY wrong :roll:

i do want to go back, for money and because i wouldn't want to sit around all day bored :| i'm sure it will be fine when i'm a bit more used to the job, today it all got a bit too much. the managers were all really nice though :)

another of the joys of pregnancy i suppose :roll:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

try not to worry hun, i nearly cried at work the other week and thats not like me at all, its those pesky hormones :twisted:

Awwww :hug: :hug: I worked in a call center before mat leave and I understand how stressful it can be, even when not preganant it was really hard taking call after call after call, constantly all day with only a half an hour lunch and a 15 min break either side.
Don't feel bad though hun, they know you're pregnant and they have to let you go home if you're not feeling well :hug: :hug: :hug:

big hugs honey! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

What Bex said is spot on. Dont sweat it if its making you really stressed, take it one day at a time. Hope it is a better day tommorrow :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Maybe you should picture the work in monetary terms. At school a lot of my friends working in the same shop. I remember my friend Hazel used to think to herself about different tasks "well, that was boring but it's a sleeve from that top I want". Maybe think in babygros :D "That horrid conversation buys me a babygrow :dance: " Obviously you won't spend all your money on babygrows but visualising it might work.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww bless ya, have these :hug: :hug: :hug: and i hope you have a better day at work tomorrow.

Ah hon
i know how you feel when the kids at work our being little SOD'S
i want to cry like a baby and join them on the floor bashing my feet on the floor and scream blue murder.

Big :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: from me
Hope tommorow is better for you
Lol Sarah :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope you have a better day tomorrow. I used to work in a call centre too and know how crapola it can be... :(
Just keep on thinking "It's not forever", you'll soon have your baby and that will be all that matters xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks so much everyone :hug:

i'm feeling more positive now, had a cry to my OH earlier and feel better.

i'm going to go tomorrow and try not to stress, all i'll think about is baby and all the nice things we can buy with the extra money :)

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back