Im feeling really ill!!!!

EmmaLR

Reaction score
Hi girls

I was wondering if any of you have felt like this at 14 weeks.

I currently am staying with my partner who's job is on army camp, this is because we have yet to get some money together to get a deposit for a flat.

He has only a single bed, but im finding that when im waking up in the morning im getting a really bad belly like bad trapped wind or something but i am feeling a little sick aswell.

Last week i suffered from the flu and took some days of work but on the way to work today i started to feel really faint and im at work now and im not feeling any better!

Due to my money situation i wouldn't say that im really eating properly and was thinking this is something to do with the lack of vitamens or iron!

Do you think i should go to my Hospital Outpaitents and see someone about it or is this something that any of you have experienced.

I am really feeling weak, i do a 2 mile walk in the morning before i get on the train to work! But this wasn't something that affected me before!

Please give me some advise!!!! :( :( :(

Never had anything like that. But you may be suffering a bit from lack of vitamins etc.. if you are not eating and walking 2 miles every morning. Sound slike you may be over doing it and perhaps sleeping in a bad position if you are squeezed into a single bed with your partner.

Why aren't you eating properly - do you have morning sickness still?

I didnt eat properly at first either, up until i was about 16 weeks. The lack of Iron will make you feel ill, sick, weak, tired etc.

Go to the midwife and ask to get your iron levels checked and get some iron pills, they give you a bit more energy and then you feel like doing things including eating.

I forget to take mine all the time now though :?

I had a tummy bug and cold and it knocked me about afterwards for a while.

As m/w said, baby will be ok, it's you who will suffer.

I went to my docs to check that the infection had gone as it can lie around for a while. If you're really concerned I would call your m/w just to make sure :hug:

Emma, try taking a vitamin suppliment, you don't have to buy the specific ante-natal (expensive!) ones but just a Boots or Tesco's own multi-vit with iron will do, and they are only about 60p for a months supply. You could schedule a visit to the GP also, you might find you get proper ante-natal vitamins on free prescription now your pregnant, you will get iron I know that for a fact. I'm sure she'd prescribe a multi-vitamin too. Try and drink water, it's so good for you, and even trying to up just the intake of wholewheats, fruit or veg will help too. Are you getting enough rest? Make sure you make time for yourself everyday, pregnancy is really demanding and you have to take proper care of yourself. Even if it's just a nice long bath and spend 10 minutes afterwards appylying mosituriser or something, everso relaxing and beneficial to you. Hope your feeling better soon :hug:

You cant take just any multi vitamin tablets as some of them have some vitamins in that arent good for baby. If you are going to do that then i suggest a pre-natal vitamin like pregnacare or a shop brand pregnancy vitamin.

Never had anything like that. But you may be suffering a bit from lack of vitamins etc.. if you are not eating and walking 2 miles every morning. Sound slike you may be over doing it and perhaps sleeping in a bad position if you are squeezed into a single bed with your partner.

Why aren't you eating properly - do you have morning sickness still?

I was quite lucky and didn't get any morning sickness apart from two days over Xmas..... :puke: but that could have been from over eating :D :D :D

Its really the money situation at the moment, and on Camp there is no oven for people to use so im eating food from the shop everynight like pastys etc etc......

Somedays im fine but then others i just feel really weak and dizzy and when im walking even round the office my heart starts beating really fast, I had my blood pressure checked last week and they said it was normal so i know it can't be that.

Im going to call the Midwifes office and ask if i can go to the outpaitents part of my hospital and get checked there today maybe!

It does sound to me like it is your iron levels and if you are only eating shop food like pasties and things then you wont be getting the essential vitamins and things you need.

If you do go to the hospital or midwife she will probably give you iron tablets and tell you to eat properly. Your not going to feel any better by eating pasties and things, you need to be somewhere where you have an oven or stove to make proper food otherwise you and bubs are going to get poorly.

Yes - definitely - sounds like you desperately need a more varied diet. Can you not buy fruit and salad etc.. to eat with the pasties etc.. at least?

spinach is a great source of iron and can be eaten as a salad leave?

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough Emma. Do you feel any better once the morning has gone or is it all day?

Could be you are dehydrated and not getting a varied enough diet to give you all the vitamins you need. My mum said to me a few weeks back that the baby takes all the goodness it'll get in the first few months. I was also feeling really run down, tired and kept getting colds.

Do get checked out by your MW or GP. They might be able to prescribe a pick me up or tonic on the NHS.

Also, try to ensure you get some glucose/sugar into your system before you start out in the morning. It'll help boost your energy a bit.

:hug:
Sabrina
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111