Feeling baby for the first time

Rooander

Reaction score
This is my second baby but for some reason I still cant feel it moving yet!!
Im 18wks now and thought that with a 2nd baby you feel it earlier. When we use the doppler its clear the little darling is moving around but i cant feel it yet and I so want to.
Am I just being impatient???

everyone is different, it could be that you have quite a bit of water in the sac and thats why you can't feel baby, i haven't got much water in the sac and i feel every single movement. I'm sure it will happen soon

Hi, im 16 weeks and this is my first pregnany, i felt my first flutters last week and since then i really want to feel it again, i think iv felt slight movement but nothing like last time, it was definatly baby. But i have hardly got a bump yet, so maybe i dont have much fluid in the sac and its mostly baby and that is why i could feel him or her.
I know what you mean about being impatient, I cant wait to feel full blown kicks and really feel my baby, but it will happen son enough :)

Hi!

I felt flutters from 16+ weeks and this is my first pregnancy. About a week ago the kicking was stronger and more frequent and today we both saw the baby kicking (or punching!)!! Seems really strange seeing a lump coming out of you lower abdomon!!

I am sure you will feel baby kick soon, I have heard that some babys are quite content to sleep a lot as they find the surroundings so comfy so perhaps this is why you haven't felt your bub yet. If you are still worried, I would suggeest talking to your midwife but I am sure baby is fine... x

Sarah x

Thanks everyone. Yes Beanie I reckon Im definately impatient!! LOL.
Maybe I do have lots of fluid as my bump is quite big, well i think it is. Ive been showing for quite a while, it hasnt got any bigger but it hasnt got any smaller either.
I tend to sit on the sofa and really sit still in the hope that i might just feel something, hubby looks at me and says "anything?" and im like nope.
Ah well, I bet it'll be my luck that when I do start to feel him/her they wont stop kicking. Its like in the beginning I kept saying I dont feel pregnant and then all of a sudden the sickness came and everything. I always open my mouth too soon lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back