Feeling a bit Grrr!

dannii87

Reaction score
This is going to sound SO pathetic and childish (& jealous lol) but here goes;

I'm a bit sad tonight, well, happy AND sad... You know the girl I spoke about a little while ago? The young one who kept getting pregnant and claiming they were mistakes but miscarried 4/5 times before carrying to term? Well she went into labour last night and she wanted my Mum as her 2nd birthing partner (as well as her Mum).

My Mum made her a CD (I wanted one, but she never offered to make it, yet makes Catherine's without hesitation), she hardly took pics, and the few I did get was only because I kept reminding her. Yet she has come back with a HUGE selection of pics of Catherine's baby & labour.

And the bit that's frustrating me most is that she stayed with Catherine for HOURS after she'd delivered her baby, yet left at the first opportunity when Miss Evie was born. Literally, as soon as I was wheeled to recovery in my bed, she gave me my presents and went! She didn't come back til much later on in the day, and I have a feeling she'll be going down to visit Catherine in hospital tomorrow morning too...

She had a text book labour, which I'm really happy about, don't get me wrong! But she has no stretchmarks, no stitches, no problems during labour, baby fine & healthy (which is brill!) It just seems like mine was so terrible in comparison and I feel slightly jealous. :oops:

I'm actually really embarassed posting this through how immature & childish it sounds! I guess I just feel like my Mum did a lot more for her than she did for me?! :think: :oops: xxx

Another thing could be that the girl hasn't worked a day in her life and has had EVERYTHING bought for her, yet I had to struggle. She's just had a crisis loan for £500 because she "has no clothes for herself" which she does! She only had the same loan for the same reason a few months back!! :roll:

(While I'm sounding really immature, I figured I may as well throw this bit in too...)

And I bet she manages to breastfeed without any issues too :wall: :oops: :rotfl:

OK, now my Mum is arranging to go visit her first thing tomorrow - She didn't with me til MUCH later in the afternoon :( x

www hun i dont think ur being silly i would feel like that to.
have u tried speaking to her? :hug:

:hug: aww hun all i can say is i bet you are a better person than her and i bet you are happier deep down inside more so then her, you have your perfect lil girl, i bet she is so jealous of you and your family x :hug:

Thanks ladies :hug:

I am laughing right now... With how silly I sound!! :lol: :oops:

I know why you are feeling like you do hun things like that can get to you afterall she is your mum...
With regards to taking photos of you etc i can only say she was more emotionally involved at your labour and wanted to be there for you rather than taking pics, i can't comment on the cd because i don't know why she didn't make you one but don't take it too much to heart, she is distanced from this other girl so could do more practical stuff like taking th epictures/making a cd whereas with her own daughter i expect she was nervous about seeing you in pain and wanting to be there at your side when you needed a hand to hold or your brow mopped if you know what i mean.
It annoys me some women seem to have an easy labour with no stretchmarks etc but hey thats life we have no controll over that..plus she never had the experience you did but i don't think you would take your experience back as it shapes who you are and the bond you have with the gorgeous Miss Evie! each pregnancy and birth is unique, its personal to you.
I know it seems in this world that bad people get what they want and gooduns suffer but KARMA....what goes around comes around and all that..her baby might be very difficult or something...hehe (i'm not evil really i promise :angel: )

Dont let it get to you, you have a beautiful daughter..your mum loves you both and you should be proud of how you are doing as a mum and with your weight loss!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I dont think you're being childish hun, I would really fall out with my Mum if she did that :hug: :hug:

Awww i would be the same too hun! :hug: I would be upset that my mum seems to be more interested in someone elses labour and birth! I dont think your being childish at all!
I did :lol: at you throwing in the BF bit too though hahahaha

I wonder if your mum found it harder to deal with seeing you in pain than someone else? That sounds cruel, but I think it makes sense if it explains why she didn't want to take pictures of you in labour and so on?

The crisis loan stuff annoys me too, we all have to struggle, and I can't afford socks, let alone £500 for clothes!

Awww no I would feel exactly the same hun! But like Nicky says possibly it was that she didn't like seeing you in pain?? xx

You don't sound silly at all hun I would feel the same too. :hug:
The best thing would be just to bring it up with her - you will feel so much better getting it off your chest :hug:

I don't think your being childish, I'd feel the same.

dannii87 said:
She had a text book labour, which I'm really happy about, don't get me wrong! But she has no stretchmarks, no stitches, no problems during labour, baby fine & healthy (which is brill!) It just seems like mine was so terrible in comparison and I feel slightly jealous. :oops:

I can understand that too hun because I feel jealous of people who managed a natural birth with no complications! :oops:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back