snowsuits (ungrateful rant)

emma28

Reaction score
Does everyone have a special snowsuit for being home baby?

I always thought that this was something we would do for our baby ourselves but for weeks I have been hearing off my mam and nanna what a beautiful suit nanna has bought for the baby going home. They told me what it looked like and where it was from so of course today while I was out shopping I sneaked a peek........

and it's truely awful.

Now I know she has bought it in 0-3 not newborn, so thought I could get round it that way, so when I got home I phoned my mam and said...erm...well....you know....pink....and fairies....not really me...I'll get a white one in newborn.

She's taken a massive huff and said I won't like anything that either of them have got the baby...and they've changed it for a newborn one.

So now I'm sat home alone almost in tears because they're gonne be so hurt and keep going on and on about it, cos thats what they do. Until I give in and end up with a pink frilly fairy baby which is ExACTLY what I never wanted.

These people have known me all my life.....how do they not know me???

I know I sound ungrateful :cry:

i would ring your mum and just say look i really appreciate that you have gone out and got things for the baby...however. it is my child.. and i would have just appreciated it if you had asked me if i wanted or needed anything before jsut going and getting things to your own tastes and not mine.

I don't think you are being ungrateful at all. Maybe to keep the peace let baby wear it once and then hide it :) :hug:

I would not have it, anything i didnt like i got rid of, even if it was stuff off my mum, she didnt mind because everyone has different taste.

i know how you feel. my mam and nan are interfering about EVERYTHING even names etc. ive had enough! thank god they like same style clothes as me so theyve bought things i like. if i didnt happen to like the old fashioned white frills/knickers bonnets, i know for a fact they would be forcing me to anyway as they "dont believe babys should wear colour)

my mother in law is also annoying me, she knows i only want my daughter in white/dresses/cardies/bonnets etc so is purposly buying me bright coloured clothing from next/asda etc which i hate.

i think people will test you but you just need to be strong and dont have anything you DONT WANT for YOUR baby!

I dont think you are being ungrateful - big hugs coming your way x x

Thanks you all :D

Lisa, I'd love to tell her, but she'd be so hurt, not speak to me for weeks, and then it would be a big issue for the rest of my life. Believe me, I have previous :roll:

Think I'll just put it in the fairy pink stuff when they are round. They still buy Jonah chinos and dress shirts after 4 years of being told I prefer him in jeans :wall: :wall:

I should be grateful they are so interesed and generous

My ex mil used to redress paris when she used to have her (i went bk to work) and the clothes I put her in would never be seen again :evil: Then after I gave up work she took to making her foul cardies in green and orange (like neon) :puke: :puke:

I would just dress her in it anyway. I know it's probably not your taste but babies look cute in anything they wear and it's not exactly high fashion.

Asher is hardly ever in anything that matches these days, it's just whatever is clean!

It's not worth a family feud over it. As long as it fits and she's warm enough in it then you can just dress her in it when they are around.

K.xx

use it once and then explain how you ruined it when washing it cos you are so useless.....

is the line i am planning on using on various people :rotfl:

I got a few items of clothing as gifts that I hated, so they just went into the 'too small' box and have stayed there ever since! There was one cardigan which an aunt made, that was so old fashioned it wouldn't have gone with anything else in his wardrobe. Fortunately we don't see the aunt much so I put him in it for all of 30 seconds, took a photo, then hid it! I sent the photo to the aunt with a thank you note, and we haven't seen the cardigan since.

Obviously if you see your Mum and Nan regularly it's harder, but maybe accept the snow suit but get your OH to 'surprise' you with one that he's bought and likes when you're in the hospital. I don't think they would offend a new daddy by suggesting baby wears their one (could be wrong though).

We had Austin at home so never had a 'coming home' outfit. We did save his first ever baby gro though, it seems so tiny now!

I would start as you mean to go on. If you dont like it then dont wear it. Thee types of things that i have received soon find themselves down at the charity shop (thats if people dont leave the tags on so can return them for something else).

Its not worth a family fued over but this is your baby and your special time.

Stick to your guns :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back