Feeling a bit depressed...

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls.

Didnt really know where to post it...

It just seems, that everything to do with Daniel is a bit of a struggle. Breasfeeding in the beginning, sleeping, solids, fingerfoods, teething...

Just nothing came easy. There were few days, when he was a textbook baby, but most of the time he is just such a hard work!

I love him to bits,but we never had a cuddly baby, if you know what I mean. He always is overstimulated and seems to have a mind of his own. I regard it as high intellect, but I am just so tired!
Why nothing comes easy to us?

We were planning to have another baby in a year, but now we are not sure. I was thinking, Danny will start seeping throught at about 6 months (nowhere near it), we will have less of a hard time, will give ourselves time to recover and then try for another one.
But, of course, nothing goes according to plan.
Most of the days I am coping perfectly fine, but some days! :wall:

Just a bit fed up with all of this.

:( :cry:

I know it's little consolation but no two are ever the same :hug:

Paris is extremely highly strung and hard work and Harrison is placid as hell. I went through all you mentioned above with Paris and colic :hug:

I thought that though after I had Paris she was a complete nightmare, basically same as seed then she got violent around 7 months and used to beat the shite out of everyone including tear lumps of hair out :shock: :rotfl:

harrison is well chilled and cuddly 8)

Awww Carina :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know just how you feel. I can def say i never expected being a mother to be this hard :(

I do enjoy it though and i love Lola more than anything in the world i just wish i could have a break every now and then. I'm hoping when she starts crawling she'll be a bit easier :pray:

If you ever need to vent you know where i am :hug:

Midna-that is exactly what we are having-everyday, all day. Everything is a battle.

Thanks girls for your support. I also never thought parenthiood will be hard, but this hard! :wall:

Just have to hope it will get better...One day.... Gtg now, Daniel is screaming cos mummy is not there :wall:

I enjoy motherhood a lot and most of the time I am fine, just there are those days, when it just gets too much :(
Daniel finally (hopefully) asleep :cheer:

But what today made me realise, is that I need to do more active stuff with Daniel. He was a bit ill this week, so we didnt go to the baby swimming. I noticed, that it helps a lot, if I tire him out in the swimming pool. Just have to do it every day. He is just such an active baby! He need to do something all the time! He wont just play with his toys in the gym, which, I suppose just shows that he is really bright and curious boy.
So - go go swimming! :dance:

Others on this forum will tell you ive wrote basicly the same as what you have writteen, for months. Especialy around christmas time last year. (when hannah was about the same age ish)

I had a very very hard few months when i found i was pregnant to. (unplanned) I wouldnt want to ever go through that time again. Hannah wanted attention all the time, would be up about 7-8 time a night, i just couldnt put her down. She wouldnt eat solids, but wanted like 10 bottles in 24 hours. (no joke) etcetcetc. She even seemed to get so frustrated shed constantly attack me, pull my hair, hit me in the face. (also she started teething at about 7-8 weeks old and had 9 teeth by xmas!)It was awful.

I can honestly say she seems to have just 'turned a corner' over the last month or so. I cant beleive what a different baby she is. She plays and entertains her self, she is constantly smiles and hugs, dancing, playing, asking for hugs and kisses.

Only a few months ago me and OH had to beg (well, almost) anybody in the family to babysit her for a night.... now as i speak we have grad[parents that are rowing over who is having her when we go to glastonbury festival! (and family members keep phoning asking if they can take her out etc)
I think its cos shes 'just got older' to be honest, she can express herself alot more, she can walk around her play pen etc - so shes a happier baby.

My new one still just sleeps 20 hours aday, which is fine... she (so far) seems laid back and placid. Ive not found 2 hard work at all... no incoparrsen to how hannah was a few months ago. Hannah is a complete pleasure now, i miss her when she goes to bed now, rather then feeling 'omg THANKGOD' lol.

So my point is - IT WILL GET BETTER. it can suddenly change :) :D
I hope it does sooner for you. :hug: :hug: :hug: just hang on in there :hug:

Carina said:

do you have a baby bouncer? or an activity centre (leap frog is a goodun') or a baby walker??? (the walker/bouncer really help tire them)

I found these items did help (even if just gives you a few minutes to your self a few times a day they are worth it) I just had to rotate her through the 3 of them sevral times a day! lol.

You're certainly not alone hun, Maddison has to be entertained all the time. I had problems trying to breastfeed and gave up, she wouldnt sleep, she was colic and now she seems to have been teething forever!
We were planning to try for baby number 2 when Maddison was one but have changed our minds :lol:

rachelandjarvis said:
Carina said:

do you have a baby bouncer? or an activity centre (leap frog is a goodun') or a baby walker??? (the walker/bouncer really help tire them)

I found these items did help (even if just gives you a few minutes to your self a few times a day they are worth it) I just had to rotate her through the 3 of them sevral times a day! lol.

Yes, we have one, but problem nr1: he has to wear speacial shoes because of his club feet, which are connected with metal bar, so I cant put him in the bouncer very often (he has to wear it 23-20 hours a day)
problem nr2: when I actually can put him in there, he gets bored like after 5 mins. :wall:

Snuggle said:
We were planning to try for baby number 2 when Maddison was one but have changed our minds :lol:

Snuggle, I def know what do you mean! :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I can relate to lots of the things you all said. I have had to stop looking at some of my friends baby situations eg. baby sleeps through and has done since birth almost :shock: , teething but no pain and never wakes in the night bla bla bla. Got me quite down when I am battling every night.

Last night was horrible again after one relatively good one. Even told LO to get used to being an only child.... I was so cross :) Glad she didn't understand.

:hug: :hug:

newmum said:
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Last night was horrible again after one relatively good one. Even told LO to get used to being an only child.... I was so cross :) Glad she didn't understand.

:hug: :hug:

That waking up buiseness is just driving me mad! This night was more or less fine (he just woke up like 10 times for a dummy), but previous one :wall: :x He woke up at 1 am!! and dint go back to sleep till 4 am! :wall: Was just wide awake and as soon as I tried to put him down-screaming! And, then woke up at 6 am for a day! :wall:

Oh gosh I didnt reaLise that you were going through this at the moment, bloody hell sounds a right nightmare - no sleep, sore boobs,perosnal entertainer omg!

I can arrange a tour with Imogen if you want Ladies so your little ones get a hint or 2 as she sleeps all night, entertains herself, takes dummys and not my boobs and feeds herself and generally is a delight to be around.

Im not rubbing it in honestly. :lol: I really do feel for all of you.

mrs_tommo22 said:
I can arrange a tour with Imogen if you want Ladies so your little ones get a hint or 2 as she sleeps all night, entertains herself, takes dummys and not my boobs and feeds herself and generally is a delight to be around.

Im not rubbing it in honestly. :lol: I really do feel for all of you.

Hehe! Well done Imogen! Wish she could teach a thing or two to Dan! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back