Feel sad and happy

beckyboo1

Reaction score
Off out tonight for a bit of a leaving do with work as tomorrow is my last day before mat leave starts.

Feels strange as I think I know on my heart that I'm unlikely to return back to the job that I do now cos it just won't work once pip is here.

Spent 12 years working for same company so big changes ahead. Don't get me wrong having a baby is all I've ever wanted think it's just hitting home a bit. No more wage of my own (apart from SMP but that's a big drop for me) so will be first tine I've had to rely in hubby for things.

Need to shake myself out of this feeling as need to be out in an hour. Least I know it won't be emotional once I'm out as I only work with blokes!!!!

Sounds like a big change for you hun! I'm sure you will be fine once you get "into" the thing, but I guess you will go through a period of time now where things are a bit hard!

Hope you feel better soon!

xx

Thanks Hun. Yea def a big change and I'm sure once I'm into the swing of things I'll forget all about work!!

i know what you mean about your own wage. although my OH is insisting that what each of us earn is "our" (ie joint) money, at least when i was working i was contributing. i know being at home with our baby and doing house chores etc is work and it is contributing to our life, im still struggling with it.

I'm having the same thoughts, also been in my job for 12 years and thought I would be counting down the days to finish but as it is approaching it is freaking me out. Like you I can't wait for my little bundle of joy but I suppose it is just going to be such a big change for us. X

Think it's all very natural to feel like that. We are all walking into the unknown if these are our first babies!! And there's that feeling that you know how to do your day job well, and 'will I be able to be a mummy just as well as I can do my day job'??!! Eeeek. Have a lovely time tonight and you might be surprised at how sad the guys will be to see you go!!! xxx

Bit of an update since I'm wide awake!!

Had a nice meal out with work (fortunately. Hubby works for same company so he was with me too!). And got a lovely card, flowers and £200 to spend at mothercare.

Think I'll be treating myself to a nursing chair as wanted one but couldn't justify the money. Xx

Glad your evening out went well... :) and sounds like you have some very generous colleagues! :).

Wow!! Sounds like the blokes weren't a dead loss when it came to picking a good present!! Nursing chair sounds lovely. Almost wishing I'd put our cub in the bigger spare room now so I could fit one it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back