P45 help

Dollie

Reaction score
ive got my last wage slip from my employer today paying me up to 31/12 as my maternity leave starts 1st Jan and im claiming maternity allowance as i dont qualify for SMP. But with it was a P45, i havent handed my notice in and wasnt planning on leaving the job, is this standard practice or have i lost my job without knowing?! I have been off ill for several weeks so communication has been mainly by email, but i have mentioned a couple of times the amount of time i was taking off and sorting out return to work dates. Im baffled as there is no covering letter and wont be anyone there till the new year now for me to ask!

Last edited:
It s not standard practice. You need to contact them ASAP and get some professional advice. If you have lost your job then they have done something highly illegal. And what a shitty trick this time if year.

I have emailed my manager in the hope that he picks them up from home over xmas :-(

no ytou shouldnt get a p45 but im not sure if you need a proof of income to claim the sma?? Im not overly sure as im smp but it doesnt sound legal to me. maybe check your contract

Ive already been accepted for SMA as i have been employed up to so many weeks before due date, just baffled as to why i appear to have been sacked on xmas eve. Ah well, nothing i can do till new year now x

No hunni you dont get your P45 with the maternity stuff you need to claim maternity allowance!!

Agree with others as soon as is practically possible id be onto it does look like theyve sacked you sorry to say

But they cant do that while your on sick or pregnant anyway! xxx

Hopefully a big misunderstanding. But defo should not of received your p45.xx

Hopefully a big misunderstanding. But defo should not of received your p45.xx

^^wss I work in HR and Im guessing theyve made a mistake on the payroll system hun...its easy to do unfortunately.......either that or like the others said, its highly illegal to just sack you like that.

Just call them asap and im sure it can be rectified quickly :) xx

That doesnt sound right, as the others said call and tell them you planned on coming back to work after your maternity and then see what they say xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back